Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Shooting with camo netting on the face?

I can not shoot with netting on my face, as it interferes with my anchor behind my ear.

Any ideas how to work around this issue? I'm tired of face paints!

I use a neck gator pull it up over your nose and it's skin tight so only thing open is your eyes for head covered buy a hat

• Like 1

I've gone away from a face mask and paint as well and haven't had bad results yet. I do like to wear a camo ball cap pulled down and also typically grow out a full beard to cover some of my ugly mug as well.

• Like 1

Maybe facial tattoo's? Something classy like Mike Tyson! ;) In all seriousness, im with you, I cant shoot with a mask on. I cant feel the string as well on my nose and corner of my mouth. I only use face paint now.

There are face covers that are tight fitting with a large opening for nose/eyes. I use these while predator hunting. I have shot my bow with them quite a bit while archery hunting as well. I can feel the string on my nose, and my nock at my jawline. Plus, they do not grab the string when you release.

Practice with it on and You will get used to it. Shoot with mine on all the time. Just have to get used to it.

• Like 3

+1 for Will K. I practice with mine on and my rangefinder around my neck.

Agree with will k and kidso. You'll get used to it. Just takes practice. I don't even wear one anymore. If you are canoed out, and don't move much, you are good to go.

Elk can't read the last time I checked... Wear what you have and enjoy the hunt, movement is all that matters, don't move too fast and a elk will never see you! Just have the wind in your favor!!

• Like 3

I use an under armour camouflage face mask for archery hunting and it works pretty good. The one pretty much like the one I got is called Under armour mens cold gear infrared scent control hood. You can find it at cabelas.com and its 35 bucks. It stays tight to your face and you can put the bottom half of the face cover over your nose, below your nose, on your chin, or below your chin. I put the bottom half of the face mask just below my nose for archery hunting, so I can still feel my nose on the string for my anchor point.

Another problem is the face mask causes my glasses to fogg up. Grow a beard, camo that beard with hair dye.

Camo beard! I like that. Green and brown dye. What pattern?