azhuntnut

AAE Max Hunter vanes?

I am changing the vanes on my carbon express arrows from the blazers and was considering the Max Hunter vanes. Has anybody tried these with fixed broadheads? Do they stabilize the arrow faster? I'm going to put them on using the Arizona e-z fletch mini with the maximum helical. David

http://ezfletch.com/product.php?productid=1&cat=5&page=1

https://arizonaarchery.com/Shop/vanes-fletchings/17-max-hunter-vanes.html

I use those, however I use Swhackers. I can tell you my groups tightened up after going to the Max Hunters.

Yes I have used them, great stabilization out of them but I do feel they are noisier than blazers so it's a trade off. I went to the AAE PRO MAX vanes and they were incredible for mechanical heads. I recently changed back to a fixed blade (a whole nother story) and am running blazers as they are bigger and more stabilization out of them than the Pro Max. I have had great results as far as accuracy with the AAE vanes.HOWEVER..... after (I highly recommend never doing this) standing down range and having someone I trust with my life shoot them by me(I was behind a protected area) I could pick out the AAE vanes every single time vs the blazers. There is also a really good video online about the blazer vanes and durability. After further testing and thoughtful discussion with many respected names in the archery industry I added another post. See below

I am changing the vanes on my carbon express arrows from the blazers and was considering the Max Hunter vanes. Has anybody tried these with fixed broadheads? Do they stabilize the arrow faster? I'm going to put them on using the Arizona e-z fletch mini with the maximum helical. David

http://ezfletch.com/product.php?productid=1&cat=5&page=1

https://arizonaarchery.com/Shop/vanes-fletchings/17-max-hunter-vanes.html

I use the Max Hunter vanes with wac'em fixed broadheads, although a smaller profile fixed head that combination sure shoots bullets for me. A lot better than blazers IMO, groups are tighter, even at longer distances. I fletch them the same way as you are planning

to do and this is the only set up I will use now, nothing but great performance for me.

blazers have always been better, aae has alot of problems getting the arrow to stick, they seem to only like their glue. to me thats a problem of your out hunting and need a quick fix. maverick is right blazers are more quiet to me thats a big deal also

If you are having trouble flying broadheads use these vanes.

Yep there stout fletching, but they are louder, they do not hold glue well at all unless its there special formula. and due to the stiffness they tend to get ripped of a lot more often for me.

I went back to blazer after 2 dozen.

Here is some food for thought, they stabilize great and give better helical and broadhead flight than just about anything else. When used as the manufacturer suggests(just curious but why is it that almost every person who does archery knows more about how to glue a vane and what glue to use than the engineers with college degrees who designed the vanes?) with their glue that is formulated with the bonding agents on the vane it's almost impossible to get off. Secondly the noise realistically is about a non issues. It is more heard from the sides than in front and between the sound of the bow, the noise we the hunters make and all the bugs buzzing around if the animal hasn't jumped at the sound of the bow by the time it hears the arrow it's too late.

• Like 2

The AAEs shot fine, but you can't always get the specified glue when you need it the most. bottles dry up and when I'm out of town and need it to work its a problem.

I had a 5 degree right helical they hissed like a tire loosing air, always had other shooters ask if I had a torn fletch, and were hitting my drop away due to the increased height.

Though they stabilize an arrow super fast.

get a pack and try them out you don't have much to lose even if you don't like them.