Sign in to follow this  
DEIdeven

spotting scope dilemma!

Alright well here is the problem I'm getting ready to make my first purchase of an "expensive" optic. I'm stuck though I've already decided on vortex razor hd but I'm not sure whether I would be happy with the small 50mm scope or if I'm gonna wish I had upgraded to the 65 mm. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Your first purchase of an "expensive optic" should be binoculars, with a spotting scope being the last item on the list IMO. to answer your question, the 65mm would probably prove to be more effective

• Like 3

Your first purchase of an "expensive optic" should be binoculars, with a spotting scope being the last item on the list IMO. to answer your question, the 65mm would probably prove to be more effective

I agree. just assumed you already had binos.

Yep. If you don't have high quality binoculars, I think you're wasting your money.

If you're set on a spotter, get the 65.

You don't want below 65, as you'll lose light in the morning first thing, and in your full power zoom!

You did say Zeiss and Swaro right? :blink: PUT that puppy on a credit card and go big!

Just sold my vortex razor HD and upgraded to new swaro 95mm. Couldn't be happier

l concur.

Guest wdenike

Shush Shh Shh Shh. I can hear the rumble. Of the prideful owners of the green jewels. Trying to talk some innocent guy that simply wanted some information. Into spending way more money than necessary. And already had his mind made up on some glass that really doesn't take a back seat in any company. But what do I know. He should probably add some money to the mortgage, and get a green spotter, and green binos too. Enough on the off topic Bologna.

If YA don't have binos. I would get some 15's. ( you probably know what kind I would recommend. ) As you apparently are showing intrest in far distance, wanting a spotter. If YA have binos that aren't 15's I would still get 15's as they are adequate for most moderate to long range glassing. And are more comfortable on the eyes. If you are going to go with the spoter, go at least 65mm. Good luck!!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 2

Shush Shh Shh Shh. I can hear the rumble. Of the prideful owners of the green jewels. Trying to talk some innocent guy that simply wanted some information. Into spending way more money than necessary. And already had his mind made up on some glass that really doesn't take a back seat in any company. But what do I know. He should probably add some money to the mortgage, and get a green spotter, and green binos too. Enough on the off topic Bologna.

If YA don't have binos. I would get some 15's. ( you probably know what kind I would recommend. ) As you apparently are showing intrest in far distance, wanting a spotter. If YA have binos that aren't 15's I would still get 15's as they are adequate for most moderate to long range glassing. And are more comfortable on the eyes. If you are going to go with the spoter, go at least 65mm. Good luck!!!

Take care, Willie

I've never owned swaros in my life. Ask all the big animals on my wall if they knew the difference in swarovski and vortex....just sayin.....

Get yourself a decent pair of 15X binos and teach yourself how to glass. Once your eyes crave something with better clarity, upgrade

What do you do when your swaros take a nosedive and are in a few peices?

Send them in and have them fixed. A lot of the time they will fix them for free.

Vortex has a great warranty, but so does a water pump from O'Reilly.

• Like 5

Ok well thought about it some I probably do need a good pair of binos first what are yall's thoughts on the kaibab 20x56 vs the 15x56?

I wouldn't do the 20x. I didn't like the smaller FOV. The glass was ok for the price. But before you spend the $1500 on vortex, you would be wise to look thru the Zeiss 15x56HDs. Same price way and better glass.

• Like 1