Sign in to follow this  
Coues assassin

Thousands of pictures! Help

I keep having this problem mostly in my stealth cams, they will take a picture every minute until the card is full. I go to pick up a cam after a month and find out it filled up a day after I set it out! So frustrating! Anyone else have this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Is the motion sensor set too high? Are you getting photos from branches moving in the frame?

I have absolutely no experience with game cameras, so just throwing it out there.

I do not have a stealth but on my coverts, there is a start-stop feature and I can set it to the times of the day I want it to run and when I don't, example I will set it to start at 1600hrs and stop at 900hrs. I also try to clear all branches and grass in view of my cameras. My camera has sensitivity settings but it has to do more with the temperature you experience in your area. So if your area is generally pretty hot, like SoAZ, then high works best, but if you are in the pines up north, medium will work best or if you are in Canada then low will work. Hope this helps, but I typically will still get thousands of photos, yet I have never had a card fill on me.

This just occurred to me, your cam must be on a certain setting that literally takes a photo every minute, it is something called time lapse mode. If you take it off of time lapse it will be fine

Sounds defective. I use all $50 cameras and have had similar issues if I didn't clear branches well enough and it was really windy, but never that bad.

Might be a faulty cam. My coverts take pictures like retards when it gets hot. I electrical tape around the sensor and just leave slightly bigger than a 1/4 inch square in the middle. Really helps cut back on the false trigger. Just have to experiment. Some are super sensitive and still photo away. Others I have covered up too much and they won't take pictures. I mark sensitive ones and don't put those in the hard to get to spots.

Grass and branches blowing are the most likely suspects, but ive had them triggered by the sun too when it is low and directly at the motion sensor. If theres no grass or branches that could be gettng it, make sure its not positioned where either the morning or evening sun is beaming directly on it.

I've had this happen. Sounds like it is set on "Time Laps Mode". Some cameras have that. It's no fun! Try hard to find that mode and turn it off before giving up on the camera!!!

• Like 1

I run 3 Stealth cams. All three are NG42 model. They are my best "middle of the road" sensitivity among my cams. My Bushnell Trophy Cams are way more sensitive than my Stealths. Those bushnells will pick up a field mouse at 40 feet in the night. They will also take a pic anytime the wind hits the grass or brush in it's view.

I had to switch cameras at two locations because my Bushnell would have a combination of 4500 pics and 2200 films after just a couple of windy days. I had a herd of elk come through and hung out in front of the cam, but I didn't gets pics because batteries were dead. I went through a fresh set of 8 lithium batteries in just two weeks with that Bushnell camera..

I put my Stealth NG42 where that Bushnell was and vice versa. Problem solved. The overly sensitive Bushnell camera is now in a tight ravine away from most of the wind. Number of pics went from thousands down to a more manageable few hundred a week. I wish the Bushnells pic quality at night was as good as my Stealth cams. Where that Bushnell is at now, is getting lots of night time photos and that is good, but I wish the quality was better.

My Cuddeback's triggers are not sensitive enough and miss a lot of passer by's. My Cuddebacks are great for over salt licks and picture quality is great.

My Moultrie 1100i is horrible at night and is a problem I am still trying to resolve with Moultrie.

• Like 1

I'd say you need to clear the branches and grass around the cam. Wind will definitely trigger it.