gmcbob

Bino Harness for swaro 15x56

Anyone have recommendation for a bino harness for 15x56 swaro's? Something similar to this?

Thx, Bob

post-2604-0-13646700-1433547591_thumb.jpg

My buddy uses the bad lands magnetic one. But you have to go try a few out as some are smaller than others so some won't fit the 15s. I have I believe an Alaskan one. I'll look and let you know. I prefer full protection vs just the wrap kind.

I've tried a few. Hands down I prefer the ones from Badlands. The magnetic closure is awesome. I can fit my Vortex Razor 12x50s in the original model with a little room to spare, but I'm not sure about the 15s. The newer model is larger. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find the Badlands Bino harnesses locally to try for size.

Guest wdenike

Jarret from Alaskan Guide Creations makes one for the 15x56's. Probably can get them from Amanda.

GOOD STUFF!!!!

Take care, Willie

Jarret from Alaskan Guide Creations makes one for the 15x56's. Probably can get them from Amanda.

GOOD STUFF!!!!

+1.

Love mine. Fits my range finder in the front pocket, a few rounds and ear plugs in the two side pockets.

Jimmy

Anyone have recommendation for a bino harness for 15x56 swaro's? Something similar to this?

Thx, Bob

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That one sucks. i can tell you that from experience. I use a KUIU and it's ok. KUIU could do a few things to improve theirs. The nice thing about the one pictured is that the tether that connects to the binos is NOT connected to the harness. Therefore you can remove the binos to glass off a tripod and not have the harness completely fall off (one of the few weaknesses that the KUIU has....there are others). I have yet to find a harness on the market that is perfect. They are all missing one thing. I have the pack shack here in Eagar modify mine to add the one feature I believe they all lack.....tie down to the rear of your pants like suspenders.

The Alaska Guide Creations harness is the best one I have ever used. Jaret Owens is a great hunter, guide, and person. He is constantly working to make his packs better. When I called him the other day he was on a 2 mile hike with his 92 year old Dad, testing out new pack designs. I have owned the Badlands and the S4 and the ACG is hands down the best design out of any of those.

Hornhunter makes a great bino harness comes in two sizes one for 10x42 & larger for 15x56.

I have both it even has place to hold your rangefinder so it is easily accessible!

• Like 1

I have a Kuiu and alaskan guide and they are both nice. If you bow hunt the alaskan is hard to get your 15 s in out silently with one hand on a stalk. If your rifle hunting, scouting or driving a ranger in dusty conditions they are great and provide great protection. I bow hunt mostly and prefer the Kuiu they fit good and you can get them in and out much easier. Both are really comfortable.

Thanks for all the good advice everyone. I've looked at the websites, and I'm leaning toward Kuiu or Alaskan Guide.

i have kuiu. The 15x56s swaros fit tight. I like the strapping system most of the time. Like it was said previously the top straps fall off your back if you unclip the binos, but has not given me a problem. When I go to move I just clip them back in. I came from a badlands, it was really heavy and made my pack wear funny because of the water compartment in the back. Now the kuiu is not perfect for all situations but works well overall. I was also looking at the FHF Bino harness. I even tried one of my buddies for a while. It was nicer than the badlands for sure, but I like the Kuiu better.

Regards