Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

What type of brush is this?

Buy a bag of rock salt and mix it with water and soak the chit out of it for a week. I have done this and it worked on a bougainvillea. Cheap fix for me.

Pull the brittle bush, wimpy roots but being a member of the sunflower family, lots of seeds around.

Keep a hungry goat around

• Like 1

How much land do you have to battle with it on? Round up should kill it completely to the roots that way it doesn't come back when u give it a hair cut. Let it die until the roots are dry and dead then remove them.

Anyone selling a goat?? Also I let no lib know how I kill my ants ant weeds!! Unconventional methods. However I still gotta drink the water below me so I hold off with chem stuff as much as I can.

How much land do you have to battle with it on? Round up should kill it completely to the roots that way it doesn't come back when u give it a hair cut. Let it die until the roots are dry and dead then remove them.

just read round up is the best. I'm trying not to kill everything else so I'll spray directly on these weeds. I guessing it has taken half acre total. 1/4 on the leach field and 1/4 on my grey water field with a few other that are here and there. Never had it until I started watering the desert! I don't mind the rest but this desert brush and sage has to go!

Ya round up is pretty safe too. Just add a little dish to use as a surfactant and it will stick to the bush and won't drip or run off. Therefore the bushes uou spray arr the only ones affected and not your other plants or soil. just make sure its not windy and get close to the plant. And a light coat will do just fine.

Or you can stump cut it as far down as possilbe and apply round up tonthe fresh cut with a tooth brush. It will also kill the root so it will not grow back.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Believe the common name is "Snake weed" Really. It's considered an invader species of overgrazed grassland.

the name can be whatever it wants!! How is it killed??

Gutierrezia Serrotina or something like that….. been a long time. Round up or Honcho kills pretty much everything. Dig it out with a shovel… one main tap root. Stay on top of it during dry years and you can get rid of it.

Put a tow rope below the root ball and pull it out. It will not come back.

Just tell the fire dept. Your cookin a chicken. It worked for my brother in law in catalina. ;)

LOL... My best friend is a fire fighter and he told me you cant do anything about people having a fire if they are cooking on it.. I guess its true

Not sure where you're located, but if you need Roundup or Honcho, let me know (41% glyphosate). If you're worried about killing the grasses, you could use a product called Relegate (Tryclopyr). We use it to kill Salt Cedar and other woody brush without affecting the grasses. You could also put down a product such as Pendulum 3.3 and that will keep them from coming back for a few months.

If anyone on here ever needs help using chemical to control weeds, let me know.

• Like 1