Spray em real good with deet. Let em dry and you should be good to go.

The positive is, a healthy bug population usually means there are plenty of bears around! ;-)

One time I was bear hunting and bit by the nastiest bug. I'm OCD on keeping my tent doors closed at almost all times except when entering or exiting, but somehow this nastly looking ant with wings got in there and I woke up with it dead on the side of the tent. I must have swatted it like a bear in the middle of the night! It left an ugly looking itchy bite right smack in the center of my chest. LOL

The positive is, a healthy bug population usually means there are plenty of bears around! ;-)

One time I was bear hunting and bit by the nastiest bug. I'm OCD on keeping my tent doors closed at almost all times except when entering or exiting, but somehow this nastly looking ant with wings got in there and I woke up with it dead on the side of the tent. I must have swatted it like a bear in the middle of the night! It left an ugly looking itchy bite right smack in the center of my chest. LOL

Yikes!! That does get me excited about the bears! I feel like I am gonna be OCD now on these early hunts. Cinch up the bottoms of my pants or tuck them in my socks. Spray deet all over and bring a head net.

Does anyone use gators to prevent these little buggers from getting in?

Any recommendations on what bug repellent to use?? I am looking at this earth scent repel with 25% deet.

Don't hate me, but I have hunted predominately in 22 and 23 for about 20 years now and have yet to receive a chigger or mosquito bite. I am always eating gnats and a few ants, but maybe they are drawn to a certain blood type more than another blood type. Not quite sure? Should be great for bears this year, regardless of our insect pests!

• Like 1

They do say that if you eat a lot of garlic it does help keep some bugs away as you sweat it out. They don't like the smell or flavor of ya I guess.

Kinda like like my horses. I would give them apple cider vinegar mixed in rolled oats and during the summer they had a lot less flies bothering them.

Don't hate me, but I have hunted predominately in 22 and 23 for about 20 years now and have yet to receive a chigger or mosquito bite. I am always eating gnats and a few ants, but maybe they are drawn to a certain blood type more than another blood type. Not quite sure? Should be great for bears this year, regardless of our insect pests!

Lucky!!

My dad got 2 over the weekend.

I usually get them every year,

I got one bit on my foot a few years ago and he was carrying staph and according to the dr he asked if I had been swimming in a old stagnant pond? Of course I explained the chigger bite and he then concluded that I got the staph from the chigger. BE VERY careful because my foot took awhile to get better. First time that ever happened.

No chiggers this year knock on wood for me.

Since I started using the DEET, I haven't had any issues. Knock on wood!!!!!

• Like 1

I rarely get bit. I can watch a swarm of mosquitoes around me. They land and take off right away. Whiskey intake might scare em off.

• Like 1