I have a good friend who is half Chinese and half black, we call him a chigger!!!!!!

I have also got chiggers from unit 33, 34A & 36B, there are here and they suck.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!

yep - up in 7 a couple days putting out cameras - you can see the bite line by my pullin up socks - we wore shorts as weather was hot - no -seeum bites itch like crazy the next few days - welt up to dark red bumps with a little black spot- took a week for welts to go down itch took 3 days and the red spots they are now fading away

I tried variety of stuff - best was the itch pen you can buy

a cold compress helped too or hold an ice cube to it

good luck -

next trip - no scent bug spray will be carried and used regularly - they say if you spray shoes socks and pant legs - no problems - will see!

will apply lotion to bare skin up to knees also

hate itchy bug bites !!

lot of the grasses are knee high so spray as high on pants as you want - can't hurt unless you get the waist high bites - lol do not sit down !!

people stare at red welted spots on legs / calves and give you strange looks - lol

I have a good friend who is half Chinese and half black, we call him a chigger!!!!!!

I have also got chiggers from unit 33, 34A & 36B, there are here and they suck.

You actually said this. I am amazed.

• Like 1

I'm not saying we have no chiggers, but I've never encountered them in Arizona in nearly 80 years here. I did find them when I hunted the Texas Hill Country. I had dozens of bites around my belt-line and where the tops of my socks were tight against each of my legs. We treated them by dabbing each bite with a drop of clear fingernail polish. It supposedly suffocates the eggs that chiggers deposit in human skin. Don't know if that is so, but the polish (along with a coating of calamine lotion) worked.

Bill Quimby

+1 on the clear fingernail polish. Wife and son got them pretty bad in Missouri last year and someone said to dab clear nail polish, and it worked great!

Plus the clear nail polish keeps my hands looking good when I kill that big bull elk.

• Like 3

DEET dont leave home without it. Any place that touches the grass or ground needs to be sprayed with DEET. If sitting in a blind spray the ground inside. Prevention or be sorry.

• Like 2

I have a good friend who is half Chinese and half black, we call him a chigger!!!!! Lol. That's a good one.

• Like 1

I had chiggers bad when I was a kid in Indiana. Mom made me sleep with gloves on because I was scratching myself raw.

Thanks for all of this info everyone. These bites are a pain in the butt! My wife heard about mixing vicks vapor rub with salt and applying that to the bites. Apparently, the salt will draw any moisture out of the bite and the vicks will sooth the itching.

plus one on the nail polish,i find the brighter the color the better!

• Like 2

What about the clothing and boots that I was wearing? I already washed my clothes. Do I need to do anything with my boots though? Would they still be in them? It has been more than 24 hours since I got home.

What should I do with my boots!?