Has anyone hunted 21 lately, looks like I got drawn. Excited it's the first hunt since being over seas.

• Like 1

The fire that devastated that area years back still has affected all the areas I used to hunt. It seems it never really grew back to what it used to be. There are still some decent bucks there you just have to put some time in and scout. That being said the areas I am talking about are Bloody Basin, Table Mesa, & some areas over east towards 7 springs. Never hunted much of the rest of the unit but it is a good sized unit. The mulie in my avatar was taken in 21 in 1991. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I disagree. The the cave creek complex fire was one of the best thing to happen to 21.

There are some great burned areas that are awesome now. Also it permanently shut down a lot of roads creating some exptional backcountry that is overlooked by most cause you cant drive up and Glass from the road.

• Like 4

I disagree. The the cave creek complex fire was one of the best thing to happen to 21.

There are some great burned areas that are awesome now. Also it permanently shut down a lot of roads creating some exptional backcountry that is overlooked by most cause you cant drive up and Glass from the road.

I agree to a point. There are like I said still some great deer in there. One area that I used to pack into was great for Whitetail. Now it looks like the moon surface and has for many years since the fire. It just never came back good. Sad too cuz there were some real toads in there.

• Like 2

post-12663-0-21112400-1436823436_thumb.jpg killed this buck a couple years back I missed a lot bigger buck ,if you find the right areas they have some bug bucks running around ,I grew up hunting it now my kids get to hunt it ever year my daughter killed the last buck last year ,and one of my kids drew it again this year

post-12663-0-14709700-1436823652_thumb.jpg

post-12663-0-16780100-1436823831_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The fire that went through 21 was the best thing that could of happened! I spend over 30 days a year in 21. My favorite hunt is the jr hunt as the kids can shoot a muley or coues. I'll post some pics of my son's 2 bucks he killed in there the last 2 years and the one that got away!

• Like 1

Man I'm getting jacked with all the pics of these bucks. Pretty sure my 10 year old son drew the junior hunt. Ruthunter- you mind sending me coordinates on that one that got away? 😉 haha! Also I drew the 21 rifle bull hunt. Needless to say I will be living in unit 21 this fall.

• Like 2

from where live

start looking at google earth and the areas around the northern part - Dugas road north

find the secluded tanks along the edge of rim country too

they seem to love the edges of the mesa's and pop over the tops in a hurry

• Like 2