Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

razor HD spotter

So if you could spend 1500. Do you think the razor HD 20 by 60????? Is it worth it. Thinking of going to sportsman's to look through one. Should I wait for swaro? Kowa?

I used one on my antelope hunt and loved it. Money well spent.

Agree on the weight, I'll have to adjust some other items in my backpack or just take it. My spotter now is a Burris 12-24-50 and it don't weigh much.

Look at the zeiss dialyte. Love the no frills design. I've compared them to the razor and i think they are better. They pack very nice, very light and are built really tough. Hard to beat for around $1500

Mulepackhunter

I'd sell you a Leupold 20-60x80 HD Boone & Crockett scope. I compared it to the razor before I bought and it's definitely clearer. Also about 5oz lighter. If you're interested.

Here's my two cents, my kowa 66mm spotting scope with a 30 power fixed eye piece vs a razor hd 80 with a normal size eye piece has more field of view then the vortex on the same power and is clearer. If you want an awesome spotter and use all of the available glass buy a spotter that will allow you to put a wide angle lense in it. Kowa has a 77mm and 88mm that use a wide angle variable lense. Good luck

It all depends on what you're using it for. If you're doing a lot of pictures and video then yes. But if you're using it to look and animals and size up bucks and bulls then it is great.