desertmafia21

Cecil the Lion

Don't know the truth, wasn't there. If you went on a hunt and killed buck Norris when he happened to be on legal grounds would there be the same up roar? I personally never heard of that deer til I read about him on this site. How many others wouldn't know about him either and how many guides would love to catch him in a legal spot. What's his name, the lion? He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unless it happened the way cnn says?

I dont think it gives hunters a bad name. It is a sad testimonial to the idiocy of most of the people on 'social media' though.

Peole are actually wanting to abolish big game hunting in Africa? Wth else do people in those small villages and craphole countries have going for them? Lets take away the one business activity they have over a single guides pisspoor judgment. Thatll be great for the regions wildlife.....

To call this animal a "pet" only fuels mainstream media to feed the sheeple their skewed views.

Are all moo cows pets? Because I think a cow raised for beef is far more domesticated than a lion on a preserve.

Don't digest the media bs. Think logically and make your own conclusion when all facts are in the table. I support the dentist. He makes a living that allows him to pursue his dreams.

The lion was well known by non-hunter locals and tourists. That makes him a "pet". The same thing happens in unit 11M every few years, someone kills the local "pet" elk. If we want to keep hunting, we need to stay out of the lamestream media. That may mean passing on a few well known "pets".