dcshorthairs

Yes on eye protection

Hello all,

Since the ear perfection vote is out there, check this out. The company I work for made a big push last month regarding eye safety and I know it fits outside of work, and here with us. Please take the time to watch this. Opened my eyes! Enjoy!

Had a 16d nail bounce of my eye brow once. Im all about eye protection now.

• Like 1

Have had several close calls for your reading enjoyment:

1.As a kid experimenting with pool chlorine and carbonation.

2. Was being transported os with some aircraft equipment in the 130's fuselage when a hydraulic line pressurized, leaked and shot a nice stream of burning fluid straight into my eyes.

3. A year later was showing a troop the manual start on a generator. Had a loose battery clamp. As he was tightening it, managed to ground the positive terminal. Kaboom.

Nowadays I put safety glasses on first thing in the morning.

• Like 1

Great reminder! It took a few close calls but I wear them all time now.

I wonder how his Son is doing after that happened?

• Like 1

I was always afraid of getting popped in the eye by various things as a kid and young adult. Baloons, rubber bands etc. Most random objects. Not too long ago I was drilling out some alum rods to make a gas check tool and some shards got stuck in my eye. It was terrible trying to get it out. Also that same year I accidently rubbed my bands into my eyes after cutting some fresh jalapenos. I cried for 30 minutes and then some with heavy whip milk and yogurt in my eyes trying to cut the burning

• Like 1

You never think it will happen to you. I am in the same boat as this guy. Safety glasses every day at work. And the only time I wear them when shooting is at the public range when I have to.

I have been peppered many many times during dove and quail seasons. My brother actually took a bunch to the face close enough to require some "redneck surgery" when we got home with an Xacto knife to remove pellets from his neck, cheek, eyebrow and ear.

Good timing to bring this up with Dove season less than a month away. I think will wear them this year.

• Like 1

And don't put your hands where your eyes can't see! This is a good post for all! When something happens my first thoughts are was it my scope eye or trigger finger...? Crap happens fast and can change way of life in the blink of an eye.