briant_az

Need help picking a new stock

I'm getting ready to build a 300 rum to take to Mexico next year. I'm trying to decide on a stock and am having a difficult time! I currently have rifles with a McMillan htg and gamescout on them. Love both stocks but looking for something different. I'm looking for something lightweight that is more of a traditional stock versus tactical. Looking for something that I'll be able to shoot long range with though. Needs to be able to accept a #3 brux barrel also. Can't wait to hear all your ideas!

RTAC Precision is just starting production of stocks. They are great looking stocks. Lemme know if you would like Roberts contact info.

• Like 1

Manners was my first choice. Then they told me 20 weeks out on stocks and no guarantee on that time frame.

+1 on the Manners EH series. I had an EH-1 built the way I wanted and had to wait but I was gone so it didn't matter.

You may check stocky's stocks to see if they have one ready to go that has what you want.

Just built (2) 300rum on Manners Elite Hunters. Great stocks and excellent choice for a long range hunting rifle. One rifle is in the raw carbon EH1 with a fluted 30" barrel, minus optics weighs 9.5 pounds. The second rifle is also in an EH1 but I had it custom painted and wasn't the full carbon version 30" NON-fluted barrel weighs 10.75lbs. Hope that helps you out.

C.Cordova recommended that I try stocky stocks and they had on that worked. Ordered the EH2 yesterday. Can't wait to get this thing put together!

Goatsie, do you know what the price range is on the rtac? Looks pretty awesome.

• Like 1

RTAC Precision is just starting production of stocks. They are great looking stocks. Lemme know if you would like Roberts contact info.

Goatsie do you know when they are going to start production? What actions will they mfg for?

• Like 1

Robert is currently making a series of stocks for benchmark barrels, he currently only has them for model 700. Check out the rtac precision Facebook page, the stocks are looking great.

okay I checked it out, looks like it may be awhile before they get something I could use. 700SA with a varmint contour Hart barrel. Looked at Manners as well, they get expensive quick when you fill out the order form. $1000 :blink:

I have a manners eh-5 with adjustable cheek piece being made now. Ordered it end of April and just called them a couple days ago and they said 2 more months! I don't have a hunt so it's not a big deal but 6 month wait? That's crazy.

My savage came with a crappy factory stock, so I'm switching it out, can't afford the high end ones, would've like an XLR or MDT chassis, but I'll get by with a Boyd's for now.

Those mcmillans sure are nice though, stopped by there shop the other day, made me want too but one right then.

I have an Mc on my custom 7mm, and a couple of HS Precisions. I would like a Manners or a Mc in the carbon fiber ultralight. I have a laminated Boyd's on the 7mm Dakota but it sure is heavy. I have had too many things to spend money on the last few years but I need to get a couple of half finished gun projects done in the next year. Then I am going to finally do a 338 and stop talking about it. ;)