Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

15x56 HD or 12x50 EL

I'm in the market for upgraded glass. I have a pair of 2005 15x56 I will let my son use or have as a backup.

If you were to get a new set of glass what would you get????

15x56 HD or the 12x50 EL

Thanks.

I don't think you could go wrong. It's a matter of how and how much you hunt.

If your always chasin the latest and greatest it will seem the grass is alway greener on the other side.

I hunt ever season. I love my 12els they see every thing better that hd TV. And they allow me to only Carry one optic.

I'm in the market for upgraded glass. I have a pair of 2005 15x56 I will let my son use or have as a backup.

If you were to get a new set of glass what would you get????

15x56 HD or the 12x50 EL

Thanks.

I'm in the market for the same thing right now but I too am torn between the two.

I recently picked up the 15's and love them. I don't carry a spotter so I wanted as much power as possible and with the SLC HD's I can determine if a deer is a buck or doe from a pretty good distance. Counting inches doesn't matter to me. That being said you can't really go wrong with either. The 12x's I looked through were light and crisp but I still wasn't sure how steady I could hold them, add in the FOV, which is better than the 15x's, but not as good as my 8x's, lead me to the 15x's. If you buy from the big retailers I think you can still return them after a month or 2 which gives you the best chance to try one, or both out, and determine which you liked more. Maybe you'll end up with both.

I own both the 12s are my favorite just cant beet them had to get the new 15s to make sure. My wife or oldest boy use the 15s when we go out they love them its personal preference the 12s will run you about $500 more plus recommend have a outdoorsman stud installed on 12s if you go that route.