Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Dove Breast Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers

Nothing fancy. Just deboned the breasts, let them soak in milk for about 6 hours, them marinaded them in Italian dressing for a few hours. Then I'd stack a slice of onion, a breast, a slice of jalapeno, a breast, and a slice of green onion. Wrap the whole thing in a half slice of bacon and stick them on a skewer. Lightly salt and grill. Next time I may baste with some sauce during the final few minutes of grilling and let it caramelize. Once they are cooked, they really hold their form. So you can slide them off the skewer and have a plate full of perfect 1-2 bite poppers.

They heat was very mild, so I'll use more jalapeno next time.

A friend suggested stuffing a breast or two into a hollowed out jalapeno with cream cheese, wrapping in a slice of bacon, and then grilling. I may try that next time.

Looks awesome! I have done 2 batches so far I do something similar maybe give it a shot some time.

De breast, soak in some Canada Dry about 2 hours, slice jalapeños in half (use canned must better than fresh they soak in that juice) scoop out seeds fill with cream cheese put half a breast on it and wrap in maple bacon, grill on about medium

Heat for 15 minutes! Came out amazing both times!

post-11647-0-90049600-1441939877_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looks awesome! I have done 2 batches so far I do something similar maybe give it a shot some time.

De breast, soak in some Canada Dry about 2 hours, slice jalapeños in half (use canned must better than fresh they soak in that juice) scoop out seeds fill with cream cheese put half a breast on it and wrap in maple bacon, grill on about medium

Heat for 15 minutes! Came out amazing both times!

Did the cream cheese stay in while grilling or did you loose a lot of it?

It all stayed in! The first batch I lost very very little but mostly cause I had to high of heat it's hard to judge when the meat was fully cooked for me but I learned medium heat is the trick and that cream cheese will stay put. Another tip soak ur toothpicks or whatever in water for a few hours to avoid them catching on fire!

• Like 1