Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

How many use scent lock/blocker clothing?

I've been thinking about buying me some scent lok/blocker type clothing as of late. I'm just not sure if it's something I need? I hunt down south in the 36's and usually hunt in blue jeans or carhartt pants with camo shirts. I've been wondering if the scent lok type clothing is worth it and if it would really make a difference for me out where I hunt. Is it worth it? Would that material hold up to everything with thorns down south?

Is this gear more targeted towards tree stand type hunting?

IMO I buy my camo based on comfort, quality, and of course $$. If it happens to have scent blocker its a bonus, not sure if it actually works or not but figure it can't hurt. I always wash my clothes in the Scent away products and spray my clothes before going into the field!

• Like 2

I use it sitting in a blind where you have no control over wind direction, seems to have worked for me. I don't wear it if I'm going to be walking.

• Like 1

I use it sitting in a blind where you have no control over wind direction, seems to have worked for me. I don't wear it if I'm going to be walking.

The problem I have, is that I walk! I don't sit in blinds or tree stands so I'm not sure if i should buy or pass?

The reason I am considering some scent lok/blocker is because of the comfort (not really for the scent blocker technology ;)). I tried on some pants and I really liked the fit & tricot material.Compared to my jeans or carhartt pants I could see it being a lot cooler hunting in these kind of pants. I just was debating if this kind of pant would get tore up down south.

So what I'm trying to figure out is...

1. Scent Lok/Blocker pants - Staying cool with the tricot material, but with the chance of it getting tore up down south

or

2. Jeans or Carhartt's - Somewhat hotter to hunt in, but can withstand the Southern unit conditions alot better?

Like I said I have no idea if these pants can hold up to thorns/cactus very good, so anybody with input is greatly appreciated!

scentblocker clothing is a gimmick. buy hunting clothes for their comfort, durability and ability to keep you dry/warm/cool. up until this year, when rifle hunting, i have always hunted in a plaid pearl snap shirt and carhart canvas jeans. no animal could tell the difference in that or some fancy scentblock clothing.

• Like 1

scentblocker clothing is a gimmick. buy hunting clothes for their comfort, durability and ability to keep you dry/warm/cool. up until this year, when rifle hunting, i have always hunted in a plaid pearl snap shirt and carhart canvas jeans. no animal could tell the difference in that or some fancy scentblock clothing.

That's what I've heard from many people on all different forums. But Scent lok technology is not what I'm interested in. I want to know if it will be durable for me on my hunts and not only last me a single season. The fit and material seemed very good, just wasn't sure on durability. It had a softer feel to them so it seemed like this material would be a magnet for cat claw and thorns.

pick yourself up a set of the Kuiu Teton line for about the same price as scentblocker stuff. the pants are very durable and should go through catclaw and other nasty stuf just fine.

• Like 1

Do what I did and start searching Cabela's Bargain Cave. The only reason I have Scent Blocker is I bought two pairs of pants for $15.00 apiece and a nice mid weight jacket for $30. That way you are not out a lot of money of buying brand new gear and not having it work out.

• Like 1

If you buy the hype then buy the gear! I prefer to play the wind. Now if you just like the gear for the fit, function or appearance that's a whole other story but if you want to keep your odor away from critters.... Watch the wind.

• Like 2