Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Crying about wolves again

How that wolf ended up in the Grande Canyon is extremely suspicious. Wolf reintroduction folk were outspoken about how they wanted a reintroduction of wolves into the Grande Canyon. Then whammo, all of a sudden a female wolf appears in the Grande Canyon. The wolf reintroduction folk said their biggest concern was that if the wolf escaped the park, it might get shot. So a wolf supposedly travels almost a thousand miles across an unlikely path and is never seen, yet the reintroduction folk biggest concern is it leaving the sanctuary of the park. Plus it has a collar on it, but they never fallowed its progress. Sorry, I do no buy it.

Well, the wolf left the park and got shot. Good riddance.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like they are trying to stop coyote hunting through the accidental wolf killing. This was never a "confirmed sighting" as they had a picture but could not pick up a radio collar signal. As known by all a picture can be altered to show what you want. I mean a 200 mile radius from a wolf sighting at my house means no coyote hunting from Las Cruces,NM to Las Vegas,NM and the AZ line to the TX line. I call BS on this one.

A cousin of one of my friends claims his brother-in-law's mother overheard someone at a grocery store say she had it on good authority that the wolf at the Grand Canyon arrived there in a Prius. :D

Incidentally, a few feral camels left over from a failed experiment to use them as pack animals were mostly history by the turn of the 20th century.

(I used to have a copy of Arizona's game laws from that era, and feral camels were listed as protected animals.)

It's a good thing they didn't survive here. The hundreds of thousands of feral camels in Australia's outback are a huge problem.

Bill Quimby

• Like 1

So are there things that are not to be discussed around the campfire?

Guess not.

Just wait when the public finds out about the proposed introduction of wolves in Young and northern and east and west in 23. Not gonna be very pretty. US wildlife and fisheries are behind this one and AZ game and fish and cattle guys are livid

ooooh, and it was named echo.............how sweet. anytime they start naming wild animals you've got problems. anyone with any sense know the endangered species folks, usfw, center for biologic perversity, etc are all just high paid clowns that lie for a living anyway. simply a crime they have so much authority and the ear of every lib in dc.

bill, a friend of mine showed me video of a herd of camels by portal a few years ago. said they were walking down the road. one came up and stuck it's head in the window and slobbered all over him and the steering wheel and then tried to bite the mirror off his truck. don't know what the deal was there, but he had video proof. seems like one of em had a halter on it tho, so probly got loose from someone. Lark.

ps-maybe they will clone some neanderthals so casey won't feel so alone.

Seems like the problem is as simple as 1-2-3... or was it s-s-s??? I can't remember, it'll come back to me.

Lark:

When SCI opened its museum years ago, they hired a couple of guys to wear French Foreign Legion uniforms and ride camels (they furnished them) around the parking lot. I never knew where they came from, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone near Portal had them.

People keep all kinds of exotics. I saw elk in a high wire enclosure near Willcox a few years ago, and south of Tucson in the early 1990s we were driving a 4x4 two-track to see where it went and wound up at a pen with four or five large dog-like critters that looked like wolves to me in it. I've forgotten exactly where it was. The house and outbuildings looked like they belonged in Dogpatch.

Bill Quimby

There was some people that lived in the forest south of Williams that used to have buffalo on their property years ago. I have no idea if they still keep them now or not.

A few things that will get you a smackdown from CWT.com, discussing islam, ex-spouses or Brokeback Mountain stunt doubles...

Soooo.... bringing up your muslim exwife that left you for another woman... offlimits? Id like to hear about it by pm if thats ok.

A few things that will get you a smackdown from CWT.com, discussing islam, ex-spouses or Brokeback Mountain stunt doubles...

Soooo.... bringing up your muslim exwife that left you for another woman... offlimits? Id like to hear about it by pm if thats ok.

Durka, durka, whats under that burka???

Note: HEAVLY edited...

Yeah I bet it is. I have a great pic at work of "the worlds best muslim", but Im not posting it here. Id need emails to forward that gem out.