Sign in to follow this  
NYAZHunter

This years possibilities in New York

.270 ,

There is more green in New York than Central Park and the Bronx Botanical Gardens and imagine this : New York will let you hunt on your own property without being drawn for that area. Yep, we can hunt and kill all sorts of game with a multitude of weaponry.

New York : So Much More Than A City.

• Like 1

so do you use zip guns and tire irons and switchblades and stuff or can you use real guns? i thought everything, including sodas with sugar in em, was illegal in n'yok? Lark.

Oh Lark, you have painted this country boy with a very broad brush . I didn't cross the big river and get to the city until I was in my 20's.

Us upstaters grew up with an intense dislike and suspicion of ' as my father referred to them as city slickers '

Mossberg and Ithaca 22's and Stevens and Ithaca shotguns and $55 Marlin lever 30.30's and whittling with my Barlow pocket knife .

You forgot 'transfats'.

• Like 2

it's hawd to take "countryboy" se'iously wid dat n'yok excent. do you wahk or do you hev a fahwheeluh when you hunt? and you misspelled 30-30. it's thoity thoity. and ithaca is ithucker and mossburg is massboig and marlin is mawlin.

just messin' with ya. i mean wivya. hope you shoot a big one. Lark.

• Like 1

Going back to new jersey in November , they don't look much bigger horn size then a good clues. Nice pics

Bob,

I have not seen an ascending deer at the cabin .

Hope you are well. Grady made it back east with me one year . Just sayin , but the swarofskys are pretty intense for 100 yds of distance.

• Like 1

Jim, that thick forrest back there would be good to grow that wacky tabacky stuff. Time to give El Chapo some competition. Can't tell me he could out smart the NY Mob..................BOB!

How many bodies did You find, or don't You Guys report them. I know Jim wouldn't..............BOB!

I have my w/t tag here in 35A for the 10/23-10/29 hunt. Hopefully I tag out during the weekend because I drive to NY on 10/27 to go into camp on 10/30 and hunt to 11/7. Then I return to AZ. I go up to 5A from 11/21-12/6 for my bull elk tag. Wife is a little irritated I have three tags to fill.

My lifetime hunting license in NY was the best $600 I spent in the state. I automatically get my buck tag, bear tag, fall turkey tags, and spring turkey tags each year. My two doe tags are [almost] automatic if I let the state know I want them. Oh, and I can fish year round too. If I had been buying out-of-state tags all of these years, it would have cost me thousands. I hunt the northern side of the Adirondack Mountains, so we use rifles. Average shot distance is 100 yards. Long shots are 200.

I love my NY hunting! I'm not sold on this whole western-draw system yet...a man needs to hunt every year! Stupid Government of AZ telling me when I can or can't hunt big game....pfffft.

• Like 1

I have my w/t tag here in 35A for the 10/23-10/29 hunt. Hopefully I tag out during the weekend because I drive to NY on 10/27 to go into camp on 10/30 and hunt to 11/7. Then I return to AZ. I go up to 5A from 11/21-12/6 for my bull elk tag. Wife is a little irritated I have three tags to fill.

My lifetime hunting license in NY was the best $600 I spent in the state. I automatically get my buck tag, bear tag, fall turkey tags, and spring turkey tags each year. My two doe tags are [almost] automatic if I let the state know I want them. Oh, and I can fish year round too. If I had been buying out-of-state tags all of these years, it would have cost me thousands. I hunt the northern side of the Adirondack Mountains, so we use rifles. Average shot distance is 100 yards. Long shots are 200.

I love my NY hunting! I'm not sold on this whole western-draw system yet...a man needs to hunt every year! Stupid Government of AZ telling me when I can or can't hunt big game....pfffft.

There's a good many of us that aren't too awful fond of the draw system, but we just don't have the herd to allow led flingers to go unchecked.