Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Called in by hunters

How many times have you been bugled in by other hunters? LOL we got it 2 times by the same guy. Man he was a stud on the tube. LOL Bet he gets tired of guys coming in and not bulls. I called in 1 guy myself. He was Pissed, one heck of a climb. HA HA

Never really thought about it until it happened. We also had a guy put us on a bull or 2 with his calls that were pushing bulls away from him and to us. They were talking back to his calls but they were moving away from him. LOL

I was very conscious of calling and used it sparingly. I think i hit the tube 6 times in 8 days. I used the cow calls more but still not much. Only managed a spike with the cow calls.

• Like 3

Only once, 20 years ago. I was hunting a little south of Hannigan Meadows. I was calling, he was calling, and we kind of met in the middle. We got a good laugh out of it, and agreed to head in opposite directions.

Same as snapshot. I was cow calling, he was bugling. I saw him first. I shut up and snuck away.

I was sitting in a tree stand once and was really hunting deer but fall turkey season was on too. I heard a hen cluck a few times so I started calling to her and from up above I watched this guy try to slip in on me..... lol Saw him from about 75 yards out , he was going from bush to bush . I let him get pretty close then I made a big deer grunt so he would look up and see me. lol

I called a couple in the last time I had a tag. Worked out well for me, I was hunting alone and they were in a group with a comfy campsite, mess hall canvas tent and a couple propane bbq's. I ended up getting a good taco dinner, a couple bud lights and some tips on the area from guys thatd been hunting it for more than 20 years. Beat the heck out of eating a mountain house meal alone.

I dont mind calling in that kind of hunter.

• Like 1

I think it's funny when you do call another hunter in and once you figure it is a hunter slip out of there and listen to his calls getting louder and more aggressive. Exactly the opposite of what you should do if a real bull gets quiet on you. Some hunters just don't think sometimes...

Guest 300ultramag.

I called a hunter and a bull in. My buddy set up on the wrong ridge never saw the bull and the other hunter was in the flat behind us. He never saw my friend or the bull. He probably thought I was just educating em. Next stand I called in a coyote this time he set up above me and that coyote was 14 yds below me. I laid down so he would drill him. He didn't think it was safe. Probably smart cause he was a bit off that year.

Archery deer last season I was in a pretty large open meadow atop a mesa surrounded by pine trees. I was tucked in behind a big stump and downed tree as a herd of about 20 mule deer worked feeding towards me. Suddenly I see a guy across the meadow to my right. He's stalking these deer, or more like pushing the herd. He took a big loud step and fell on a log, which sent the herd of deer running. I figured the deer were long gone, I'll mess with this guy. So I pulled out my cell phone and the Primos call app. Cranked up the volume and hit the Baffle Bugle. That guy hit the ground so fast, and had no idea what to do. For about 2 minutes he sat there flat on his stomach, then started army crawling towards me. I hit it again… He stopped, then started crawling. All of a sudden he started grunting back with his mouth. It was a really weird oooouuuuggh sound he was making as he army crawled ever closer. By this time I was trying not to laugh too hard but it was hard to keep it in. I got up and waved at him. He still had no clue it was me messing with him, and was waving for me to get down like I was ruining his chances. Finally we met and he was telling me the whole story how he was chasing these deer, then a monster elk came and was bugling 50 yards away. He then proceeded to tell me how he couldn't believe I didn't see the elk, he was convinced I should have been right on them… Oh if you only knew buddy. i never told him and went on my way.