AT Hiker

Help with Binoc purchase

I love my Vortex 10x42s, but many people will tell you to go with the SLC. I've been known to drop things, so spending the money on the swaro's with only a limited warranty was a concern for me. I love the Vortex warranty (haven't had to use it yet).

If you have the money for the best, why not go with the best? NOTHING compares to Swaro ELs. Nothing. You will never ask yourself if you should have bought better. I vote for the 10x42 ELs. I would not get the EL Range though. I prefer separate glass and LRF. Less to go wrong with your binos that way.

As for Vortex, I think they are decent, but comparing them to any Swaro HD is like comparing wilted brussel sprouts to sizzling hot bacon.

• Like 4

Leica 1600b doesn't account for angle in bow hunting range.. Just an FYI so you don't make the same mistake I did

• Like 1

Different than most others here so far, I use my 8x32 far more than higher power glass. Perhaps similar to your style hunting, I find myself with bow in hand, in brush, and looking under 100y most of the time. You have your spotter already to reach out when needed. If you know you will remain short, a high quality 8x32 is small, light and handy. My Zeiss Victory 8x32FLs are amazing. I had a Swarovski EL 8x32 that I sold after I tried these Zeiss binos.

• Like 1

If you have the money for the best, why not go with the best? NOTHING compares to Swaro ELs. Nothing. You will never ask yourself if you should have bought better. I vote for the 10x42 ELs. I would not get the EL Range though. I prefer separate glass and LRF. Less to go wrong with your binos that way.

Technically I have a budget of $1500, the extra $300 for SLCs is possible. The ELs are $800 over budget but I can part with the extra $$ if its the best investment. Im just not sure if the ELs are the right fit for me. I have exhausted the research button on Els vs SLCs and it keeps coming back to a toss up, the best thing is not one single person has complained about either.

Im going to speak with a rep here in a little bit and hopefully they can shed some light for me.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/61108-new-leica-trinovid-8x42-10x42-binoculars-for-under-100000/?do=findComment&comment=599084

This is an absolute smoking deal right here!!!! Plus, I believe you would save on the tax and I've heard Doug at cameraland is awesome to do business with. These are the perfect binos for what you said you needed them for.

• Like 1

Well I made the leap and purchased a pair of new pair of Swaro 10x42 slc. Got to take them to MT and wow is all I can say! I cannot wait to try them out in AZ in December.

Thanks for the help everyone!

post-13876-0-39765200-1445991370_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I have Nikon EDG and they are BETTER than Swaro SLCs. Sorry to burst any bubbles, but I've looked at them compared in the field and it was no contest. Swaros seem to hold their value the best, so its harder to find a deal on them. Leica Geovids are also great.

I have Nikon EDG and they are BETTER than Swaro SLCs. Sorry to burst any bubbles, but I've looked at them compared in the field and it was no contest. Swaros seem to hold their value the best, so its harder to find a deal on them. Leica Geovids are also great.

I've never seen the nikon. They might be better But it still says Nikon on it.

• Like 2

My old binocs were Nikon, not EDG, and they were OK. When I switched to these SLCs I was blown away by the clarity and the lack of strain they cause on my eyes.

• Like 1