Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Family Antelope Taste Test Reviews

I've always wondered about this because I've had antelope meat only once and it was horrible. It was from Wyoming. My dad shot it and did all of his own work. I know that he always gets the skin off right away and takes good care of his game. I'll definitely have to give it another try whenever I get the opportunity.

Hmm, I have taken 3 goats here in Az, and all 3 tasted spectacular. My favorite meat by far. On the first 1 I had killed, everyone told me it was pretty gamey, so I ground up almost the whole antelope. I then found out that it was the best burger I have ever had, and I was pissed because I ground the whole thing up and kept no steaks. I will not make that mistake again. I think it has very little game taste to it, and also echo the sweet taste. MMmmm makes my lips water thinking about antelope parmesean. Try it with the backstraps, being careful not to overcook in the oil. Unreal.

Uhh you look young!! How in the world did you get drawn 3 times ???

I have been fortunate in the draw here in Az. I am 31 and have had 3 archery goat tags. I have a feeling I have used up all my luck in the draw.

Besides bison, speed goat is my favorite, just gotta cook it right...

Pronghorn has a lot more flavor than other meat. Folks confuse "gamey" with flavor. It doesn't need a buncha junk added to if. If you dr it up much it can be a bad experience. I like nothing but salt and pepper. Favorite is to slice it about 1/4 thick, a little salt and pepper, flop it in flower and fry in hot cast iron with a little oil. Then make gravy with what's left in the pan. I do not like garlic on it. Usually run the round steaks through the tenderizer for chicken fried steak. We slow cook the neck and shanks for 12 hours or so with salt pepper and dehydrated onions. Then vac pack and freeze it for tacos or enchiladas or whatever later. Grind the hb with no fat at all. Great stuff. I'll take pronghorn any day. Lark.

Nick aka RagenSagen stop by and grab some whenever you are around, or I will head your way. As JLW said I gave him a few steaks and he has been my best friend ever since. I still have my horns at my house fyi.

• Like 1