Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

AZ Big Game Super Raffle

i was called last night and i won the desert sheep tag!!! i forgot the drawing was last night and almost passed out when they told me i won.

i was called last night and i won the desert sheep tag!!! i forgot the drawing was last night and almost passed out when they told me i won.

Congrats ;)

:o

AWESOME!

The bad news is, you are going to have every outfitter in the state calling you at all hours! HAHA!

:o

AWESOME!

The bad news is, you are going to have every outfitter in the state calling you at all hours! HAHA!

Wish I had that problem :(

Congrats and welcome to the site

Mike

Congrats from me also. Good luck on your hunt and get a bigger mail box. :D

Congratulations to the following 2007 Raffle Winners:

Antelope - Chad Corbin, Sanger, TX

Bear - Mark Stephanson, Peoria, AZ

Buffalo - Mark German, Encampment, WY

Coues Deer - Ramon Lamelas, Downey, CA

Elk - Clark E Guy, San Deigo, CA

Javelina - George V Thrappas, Morgan Hill, CA

Mule Deer - Charles M. Wilmer, Phoenix, AZ

Bighorn Sheep - Eric Hunt, Surprise, AZ

Turkey - Shaun Pfund, Tucson, AZ

Swarovski Optics Package - Raymond Cool, North Las Vegas, NV

Sportman’s Warehouse Caribou Hunt Package - Michael Jukich, Phoenix, AZ

thanks again guys, i do not mind the phone calls one bit. its been two days since the phone call and i still havent been able to sleep.

thanks again guys, i do not mind the phone calls one bit. its been two days since the phone call and i still havent been able to sleep.

I Guess Not ;)

Have you had a Sheep tag before?

Mike

I Guess Not ;)

Have you had a Sheep tag before?

Mike

this is my first sheep tag!

I think they sent you my tag by mistake.. I'll PM ya, and we can get this little problem worked out.. I'll send ya my address.

so 6 of the 11 winners were non residents?

what does everyone think of this?

congrats to Eric on his sheep tag.

does anyone know how much money the Super Raffle generates compared to before the Super Raffle went into place? In '06 the Super Raffle generated $146,600 for the sheep tag. How does this compare to the money the sheep organization raised when they handled the raffle themselves? What about elk? Last year the Super Raffle generated $150,340 for the elk tag. Before the Super Raffle did the G&F give raffle tags to both RMEF and AZ Elk and how much money did they generate on their own?

another question is how many Optics packages were donated by Swarovski prior to the Super Raffle? Was it more than one? If so that has to be considered.

what do people think about how they do it in Utah. Tickets are only $5, they are sold only to residents and you have to pick which species you are going to apply for because you only get 1 ticket.

no offense to the non residents, congrats on your tags but I personally have a slight problem with over half of these tags going to non residents.

also, I am not sure but I think there is no limit to the number of Super Raffle tickets a person could buy. This does not make it an even playing field between the average joe and the more wealthy.

I know people will argue this point and say it is not about money but I am of the belief that money is the root of 99.99% of decisions. There is no way AZ would move to a resident based, single entry system like UT because it would result in a significant financial loss.

is the primary purpose of these raffle tags purely to generate money? I can see and thought the primary purpose of the auction tags were to generate money but would not think that was the primary purpose of the raffle tags.

seems like the current system is a little flawed to me.

THOUGHTS???

i think you missed a couple questions:

The first question i would ask is how many auction tags went to non-resident hunters--the answer to that would be unfair to you. The second question i would ask is why is it any different that a non-res pay for a chance as anyone else?

To answer a few of your questions--yes, it is ALL about money. Money that is used on habitat and specie specific projects--all of the money goes to the specie that the raffle tickets were sold from.

The Super Raffle generated a ton of money and that is what it is for.

I see nothing wrong in how this was done and i hope they continue to run it the same. My ticket had just as much chance as the other peoples--i just wasn't lucky enough to be drawn.

Now, i have one question for you and anyone else that would like to answer it: Why is it just Arizona hunters that feel they are being slighted when something like this happens--i never hear a New Mexico resident complain about an Arizona hunter getting a tag and they didn't. I never hear a Wyoming hunter complain, or a Utah hunter--so what makes Arizona hunters so much more important than the rest of the west??

Flawed, no, i think it is as fair as our own draw to be honest with you--in fact, the odds were better last year.