W.O.T

Which pants are you wearing?

I got back from another scouting trip and am sick and tired of seein my shins look like Ive been thru a blender!!! scratches, cuts, cactus, etc... I look like a frickin tweeker!!! what are you guys wearing to protect your legs?

Same thing with me last trip. Dang catclaw. I just bought some snake chaps. Tried the gaiters, but the chaps were actually cooler and more coverage. Plus I can wear shorts with them if I want.

cool... which Rockies and Carharts? I was at SW last night and they have like 4 different types, figured the thickest ones were best but then wondered if I would have to rig an A/C unit on the zipper to keep things cool.

Jeans or thick military bdu's if scouting. nothing name brand if hunting. something soft and quiet- usually what was on clearance from walmart the year before.

Buy pants that are made out of "Ripstop" fabric. Wrangle makes their Riggs line and I have used those for years; although they there is no camo, I use the tan collored ones. Many military bdu's are also made of ripstop. Even the thin ones will help with brush, cactus and catclaw.

• Like 1