rossislider

My New Super Simple Green Chili Jerky Recipe

My wife, kids, and I are huge jerky junkies. So any time we are lucky enough to draw tags and harvest, we lots of jerky at our house. Many of you were very kind and expressed how much you liked my last jerky recipe for my “Sweet Mesquite Jerky”, so I thought I’d share my latest creation for green chili jerky. It turned out excellent. Maybe a little hot for the kids and wife, but that means more for me!

Be advised, depending on the green chilies you chose to use, this one can pack some heat.

I’m all about keeping my jerky recipes simple and prefer to use as few ingredients as possible, so I love to make use of pre-made rubs and seasonings that can be bought at the big warehouse club stores. This particular recipe only uses 4 ingredients:

1 pound Lean Ground Meat (I used antelope)

6-8 oz of very finely diced Fire Roasted Green Chilies

2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire

1.5 Tablespoons of McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning

1. Combine the Worcestershire sauce and McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning in a bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes so the salt and seasonings can begin to dissolve/hydrate.

2. If green chilies are in season than I would definitely recommend going with fresh fire roasted green chilies. I wasn’t able to find any good fresh ones locally, so opted for a 7 oz can from Walmart. They were already chopped, but were still in too big of chunks for me so I threw them in the food processor for just a couple of seconds, not to puree them, just to finely dice them. Combine with the seasoning/Worcestershire mix.

3. Thoroughly combine the mix with your meat.

4. Load the mix up into your jerky gun and squirt it out onto your tray.

5. In my Nesco dehydrator it generally takes about 5-6 hours at the 160 degree setting to dehydrate. The fuller the dehydrator, the longer takes. My dehydrator will hold about 5 pounds of meat, but this adds an hour or 2 of drying time versus doing 1 pound.

post-6408-0-86174400-1445444934.jpgpost-6408-0-52007800-1445444945.jpg

• Like 3

I'm making this now

Bring some to my house when you're done with it. Make it quick to, I'm leaving early Wednesday morning to go hunt elk with my brother.

I just used the same mix for cheeseburgers and it was great.

I'm making this now

Bring some to my house when you're done with it. Make it quick to, I'm leaving early Wednesday morning to go hunt elk with my brother.
I think I might be coming with