massamino

MINOX 15X58's vs SWARO 15X56's

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the Minox 15X58's with the Swaro 15X56's. I am going to purchase a pair of 15X this hunting season but I just wanted to know if there is that much of a difference between the two besides weight and price.

I have both and love them both the same. Do i think the Swaro's are worth that much more that Minox--nope, i don't. I also have the Leica Geovid 10x42's with the rangefinder in it--the glass in all three are great--the swaro's have a different coating and it will seem brighter and they probably are a little bit.

If you have the bucks to spend on the Swaro's then get them--if you have a little less--like say a grand, then get the Minox.

Either way you won't go wrong.

Minox Glass is awesome! they just dont fit my face! :(

i compared Swarovski 15x56's next to 10-15x50 Leica Duovids and i prefered the Duovids and have a pair on layaway right now!

Both German made both have good glass. The biggest difference is the eyecups and the coating on the lenses. The minox does not have as high of quality coating and much larger eyecups. Go to a store that carries them both and see which one fits your face better. The swaros fit mine alot better and they are a little lighter.

as stated, you really do need to see which one fits you best. I have a friend who used the Minox one day and sold them. I also have a friend who used the 15X Fujis for one day and gave them to his son. They just didn't fit them and they got headaches from looking through them for an extended period of time.

The only thing I know for sure........ I've NEVER heard anyone say they regretted buying Swarovski ;)

I really like the Minox, but like YH said they didn't fit my eyes very good. I have never regretted getting the swaros.

I can't speak for either, but I can say Zeiss customer service is probably the worst you can get... However, I love my 15x60s to death - can't wait until I get them back (going on 5 months since I sent them to Germany for repair :angry: )

I have the Minox and the glass is great. As stated above and I have said before the eyecups dont feel very good and after several hours my brow always hurts.

Thank's for the info guys. I went ahead and ordered the Minox through Doug for $749 and free shipping. I figure for almost a third of the price of Swaros I can deal with a little pain. I just couldn't pass on that price. It will still be a big step up from my 7X50 Steiners. I can't wait to start glassing up some of those grey ghosts for this seasons hunt in 36C- and I guess one or two illegals probably also. :lol: :blink:

Don't skimp on the tripod and head mount! That is almost as important as your glass.

There's gotta be some sticky felt or something you could put on those eye-cups to cushion the edge. For 1/3 the price, I'd dang sure figure out some way to deal with it.