Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Nice Little 3x3 Buck I Shot - 500+ yards

wasnt the easiest hunt for me, we had to work pretty hard i thought. got back a few ridges deep, I glassed him up in some thick stuff and one second you would see him the next he was gone. i threw down mine and my hunting buddies packs and made a rest, ranged the tree nearest where id last seen him, 522 yards. turret to 5 moa, then tried to find him in the scope - couldnt. stand up look in the binos and try to find him again. did that about 3 times. i finally zoom way out and his head pops up. i put the cross hair where his chest should be and let it rip and he jumps and then flops twice. once i got over there i wasnt sure if id find him because it was incredibly thick and dense cover but after a couple minutes there he was. after the shot i realized i had the scope on 9 power lol.

equipment:

swarovski slc 15x56 binos

weatherby 257 Mark V

vortex 6-24 pst

Nosler Trophy Grade 110 gr Accubond Ammunition

swarovski range finder

rllzkm.jpg

a0jo85.jpg

t4v80m.jpg

dnniah.jpg

• Like 16

Howd the accubond work for you?

Good I hit him in the front of his chest on the right side and I could see where it hit on the opposite side back by the flank in his skin but Didn't recover it.

Nice buck. I was opposite of You. When I shot my Elk 3 weeks ago at 406 yards I was on 4 power cause we were in the junipers. Forgot to up it. That elk looked small................BOB!

• Like 2

Heck yeah man! Congrats!

• Like 1