joelpresmyk8

DOUBLE DOWN ON BUCKS!!

It all started when I found a spot and killed my 140" mule deer last year. I knew the spot was good and it lead to my wife and brother drawing the tag this year. I knew it was going to be good! I got a really late start and didn't start scouting until 2 weeks before the actual hunt. But it all started good and I continued seeing the same bucks for the next 2 weeks leading up to the hunt. I was anxious and just knew we would see something good eventually. I found about 6 0r 7 bucks that my wife and brother said they would definitely shoot! I took tons of videos of them and drooled until opening morning came.

On opening morning my brother couldn't be there so it was just my wife and I. Right off the bat, we glassed up the biggest buck I had found that my wife fell in love with. but unfortunately he was to far and immediately after we saw the next biggest buck and started to set up for the shot. She was all ready to go and took a shot.... miss annnnd miss. we were really heart broken but knew there would be another chance. after seeing some bucks way to far off the day ended and my brother showed up Friday night.

Saturday morning started amazing when we glassed up the monster 2 point I had been seeing right off the bat. We started to move for a shot right away knowing other people were around. We got into a spot where we could get a shot. my brother took a shot and barely missed!! I thought he had hit him and stupidly said hit. he wanted to make sure and let the next shot ring out followed by a loud thump, he dropped in his tracks! Monster two was down! I was so excited to see him in front of my brother.

Sunday morning came and at very first light we spotted the biggest buck again and started setting up for the shot. She let one ring out and again, I made a bad call and said miss. (bad eyes I guess) but luckily my brother saw a hit. as we watched him he started stumbling and fell. we couldn't believe it!! 2 big bucks down within two days!! what an amazing hunt.. and to top it off she killed this bear about two weeks before her deer hunt:)

• Like 4

Congratulations on two nice bucks and bear as well. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ