Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

24B behind pinto valley mine

I said that I do plan on going there and looking around. I simply asked about the roads to get in and what to expect for the country back there. Somehow that seems to mean I'm asking for someone to go tie a deer up and give me GPS coordinates. To those of you that are on this site and helpful thank you. I apologize to those that do not have or know anyone with medical conditions that make what some of us take for granted difficult to impossible. I am looking to take my wife to a spot and because of her health and medical conditions she is unable to hike long distance or handle really rough country. Because of that and my work schedule my time is limited so e scouting is usually very helpful to me. To all those that only have negative things to say, thank you for your comments. They make us all appreciate the good people on the site even more.

• Like 4

I said that I do plan on going there and looking around. I simply asked about the roads to get in and what to expect for the country back there. Somehow that seems to mean I'm asking for someone to go tie a deer up and give me GPS coordinates. To those of you that are on this site and helpful thank you. I apologize to those that do not have or know anyone with medical conditions that make what some of us take for granted difficult to impossible. I am looking to take my wife to a spot and because of her health and medical conditions she is unable to hike long distance or handle really rough country. Because of that and my work schedule my time is limited so e scouting is usually very helpful to me. To all those that only have negative things to say, thank you for your comments. They make us all appreciate the good people on the site even more.

Thats how a lot of turds on here act.. "Stop E scouting " "Go to Game and Fish web site " blah blah blah

I am looking to speak with someone who has knowledge of the area recently. Please PM me.

Incase people forgot original question. Good luck

Good luck. Screw the smart arses on here. Allways got a few..............BOB!

Jr.

I took my wife there on 1 of her hunts and almost killed her with all the steep hikes. I don'the think she has forgave me yet. Lots of people too. I would suggest over by Roosevelt behind the dps station across from the marina. Lots of road gassing back in there. The coues have been lower and lower.

James

Back in behind the mine is nice and thick with some well used deer trails all over so a blind would work well in there, you can drive right through the mine, there are signs for the public to follow through, go back and find some hiking trails to go in 1/2 mile or so and get off trail to look for sign, should be alot of good blind locations. There are some nice camp areas back there near water as well and you could base camp then hit the blind early each day. Throw some salt out near blind location asap and you should be golden. I saw alot of whitetail back there on our Mule deer tag. Keep in mind the mine does shut down access occasionally for safety reasons but Ive never seen it myself.

Well got everything packed up and ready for a day of setting cams and scouting. Loaded the wife and kids up and off we go. Heading out on the 60 the expedition starts chugging really bad and acting funny then the check engine light was flashing. Pull over and start checking things and sure enough water in the oil and its foamy. Well there went $1500+ bucks and a day of scouting. Got back home and saw some really good deer on Facebook if that counts.

That really stinks, at least it didn't happen back in there. What do you think it is, head gasket? I know of a good ford mechanic if you can't do it yourself.

He had a shop on Center/Southern.

Well funny thing is I had blown a head gasket and had a mechanic do a complete head job on it and that was just earlier this year. Anyways he screwed so much crap up I would trust him to change my wiper blades. Sad thing is its never really ran right since and I just keep dumping money in it. But yes I think it has a small head leak causing the water in the oil. Debating doing a bottle repair and hope it holds me over till tax time to sell the dang thing.

Well hopefully u get the rig fixed and learn the area. This site seems to of gotten alil hostile lately. Not sure were the attitude has come from. But luckily there's a ton of really good people too. Hopefully the others just go away. Good luck