Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

news release - chad smith - helicoter chasing antelope update

Watch who you accuse junior. You should define things better. It read like weekend warriors shouldn't be allowed in the field. My position is that 'everyone' that wants to, has the right to be in the field. Good or bad. They have the right to be there. Who are all these bad guys? I don't know em. Do you? Are you incriminating yourself? Lark

Armed hikers, criminals, cameras, helicopters, drones, bait, Atv's, antis, butterfly catchers, greed, and avarice abounds in the woods now days. The poor hunter doesn't have a chance anymore. LOL :blink:

Watch who you accuse junior. You should define things better. It read like weekend warriors shouldn't be allowed in the field. My position is that 'everyone' that wants to, has the right to be in the field. Good or bad. They have the right to be there. Who are all these bad guys? I don't know em. Do you? Are you incriminating yourself? Lark

I agree, we all have a right to be in the field. But that wasn't the point of this discussion.

Although there's an amendment to this list, the vast majority of these had their licenses revoked in 2014. Now these are just those who were caught and convicted! Do you know how difficult it is to actually convict someone of a wildlife violation? Ever since the change to this azgfd "portal", I haven't been able to find the current (or former) list of guides for the state of AZ. So I can't confirm 100%....but I''m willing to bet most of these aren't guides.

post-13802-0-97316200-1450997562_thumb.jpg

As it states in the image, there are more than 500 individuals who cannot hunt or fish in the state of AZ because of revocations. My point is, I don't recognize any "big names", do you?

Have a Merry Christmas, Lark. You're a good old boy who deserves a giant buck on your wall. Good luck in 2016!

Well, this smith guy twice. A famous guy named hatch and his chute plane. Another guy named stayner (sp?). McClendon, ain't that a kinda famous name? That's just the ones I can think of offhand. I kinda think if you figger %, there's a higher % of outfitters that get busted than the general public. But unlike others, I don't listen to comments about the mythical guys that ain't been caught yet. That's another story. I've seen this smith guy held in high esteem in magazines and in films, even after he got busted the first time. He'll just guide in Mexico until his time is up, put a dummy name on his biz, hide behind the oro gate and go on like nothing happened. Did they even fine em? Seems like the outfitters might ostracize the guy, but all we hear is crickets. Merry Christmas to all. Lark

• Like 1

Marlon Holden is a big name on there. Sponsored by Hoyt, On Jay Scott podcast. Buddies with Zac Griffith. His nick name is the California Poacher. Yet everyone seems to look up to him because he kills very big mule deer. Caught red handed killing two trophy mule deer in the same year. Hires a big time lawyer and you the know rest, doesn't get hunting privileges revoked pays a small fine.

• Like 3

I agree, we all have a right to be in the field. But that wasn't the point of this discussion.

Although there's an amendment to this list, the vast majority of these had their licenses revoked in 2014. Now these are just those who were caught and convicted! Do you know how difficult it is to actually convict someone of a wildlife violation? Ever since the change to this azgfd "portal", I haven't been able to find the current (or former) list of guides for the state of AZ. So I can't confirm 100%....but I''m willing to bet most of these aren't guides.

attachicon.giflist.jpg

As it states in the image, there are more than 500 individuals who cannot hunt or fish in the state of AZ because of revocations. My point is, I don't recognize any "big names", do you?

Have a Merry Christmas, Lark. You're a good old boy who deserves a giant buck on your wall. Good luck in 2016!

lmfao!!! so you show of list of a few names from last year? google "operation navajo buck." do it, ill wait.

Marlon Holden is a big name on there. Sponsored by Hoyt, On Jay Scott podcast. Buddies with Zac Griffith. His nick name is the California Poacher. Yet everyone seems to look up to him because he kills very big mule deer. Caught red handed killing two trophy mule deer in the same year. Hires a big time lawyer and you the know rest, doesn't get hunting privileges revoked pays a small fine.

yep. makes me wonder about the crowd he posts pics with killing big bucks too.

How about (since poaching is supposed to be bad) the G&F make it a lifetime ban? Because right now, it's like getting a misdemeanor ...... and why should it be?

The penalties for poaching should be a deterrent, and they are not.

• Like 2

How about (since poaching is supposed to be bad) the G&F make it a lifetime ban? Because right now, it's like getting a misdemeanor ...... and why should it be?

The penalties for poaching should be a deterrent, and they are not.

youll like this then if you like stiff penalties lol.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/8191-operation-bear-bones/

well our AZGFD arresting officer likes to team hunt with his buddies when he has a tag so...

Ugh.....what a joke penalties have become.

It certainly gives us some options does it not! This seems to encourage poaching!

G&F peeps, you can chime-in here anytime.

Ugh.....what a joke penalties have become.

It certainly gives us some options does it not! This seems to encourage poaching!

G&F peeps, you can chime-in here anytime.

They're having some technical difficulties with their computers at this time. ;)
  • Like 3

This one is actually pretty funny.

trphyhntr,

He asked who they were. I thought posting an actual list would be beneficial. I figured Lark could discern for himself the "big names" that were recently convicted. Congratulations, you found a big name on the list.

Now if I could only get Zac to accept my friend request and somehow end up on Jay's podcast I could then be considered one of the elite. Someday......