Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

news release - chad smith - helicoter chasing antelope update

Big name and big money You can cover up most stuff...........BOB!

• Like 1

"A" big name? There's a few "big" names in the Navajo buck case.

You referred to a case more than 15 years ago!?? Wasn't that like the late 90s? Ha! At least I went back to 2014. You also referred to a major sting that specifically targeted the commercialization of wildlife. Naturally you're going to see more guides. Do you not see the connection there? Absolutely, every couple of years, a big name guide gets exposed. But how does that compare to the dozens of other non-guides who get busted annually??

Listen, I'm not suggesting that some guide (big name or not) deserves less of a punishment. In fact, because they're capitalizing on wildlife, I think they should get hit much harder than your avg Joe.

But let's not exaggerate the facts.

Ugh.....what a joke penalties have become.

It certainly gives us some options does it not! This seems to encourage poaching!

G&F peeps, you can chime-in here anytime.

http://kwqc.com/ap/iowa-man-sentenced-to-prison-for-illegally-hunting-a-deer/?cid=facebook_KWQC_TV-6_News

On another forum....Iowa, whitetail, $10000 fine and prison.

• Like 2

Ugh.....what a joke penalties have become.

It certainly gives us some options does it not! This seems to encourage poaching!

G&F peeps, you can chime-in here anytime.

http://kwqc.com/ap/iowa-man-sentenced-to-prison-for-illegally-hunting-a-deer/?cid=facebook_KWQC_TV-6_News

On another forum....Iowa, whitetail, $10000 fine and prison.

Holy smokes

In 2015 there were about 48000 deer tags drawn in Az. So there were at least 48000 hunting licenses issued. We all know the actual number is gonna be a lot higher. If just 1% of this number got busted and lost their license it would be 480 people. Guess what. The real number ain't anywhere near 480. This one smith creep is gonna put the outfitters busted real close to 1%. Maybe over. And he ain't the only one this year. So which group is the most "ethical"? The outfitters or the weekend warriors that we've all been told don't have as much right to be in the woods. That ain't exaggerating the facts. Ha! Just because operation Navajo buck happened a few years ago doesn't mean it doesn't count. And I'd still like to know why there is no comment from even one outfitter about this? wonder why that is? Lark

• Like 1

In my humble opinion--public land is public land. Any individual-man woman whomever it may be that has a valid hunting license here in the state of Arizona has the right to traverse whatever public land that they please. If a hunt is going on so what - it is public land . Having that document in hand gives them - you and me the right to move freely where you wish as long as you are on public land and permission is granted per signage that is posted with said document in hand. If you don't understand then you must not get out enough.

As for this cat getting his hand caught in the cookie jar so to speak, I really don't know what to say. Money talks bullshit walks.

I myself have seen roads try to be blocked , whether sitting on them , setting out cones , trying to stop vehicles whatever .

It does not matter - the almighty dollar has surpassed common sense.

That is why you will not hear any comments from outfitters good or bad--it's all about the money .

What can be made or lost since everyone has the right to be on public land . IMHO--thank you for your time.

I have seen both outfitters and regular guys try the road blocking thing, tank blocking, ect. I have guided in new mexico years ago. I have worked with guys I have a lot of respect for and I have also worked with guys that I would not work around again as I felt they pushed the lines of fair chase. I also have the same list with regular guys I have hunted with . There are guys I will just not take or hunt around as I feel they stretch what I believe is right or wrong. As for working outfitters that I have talked to quit posting on here as they get roasted by the anti guide crowd no matter their opinion.

• Like 1

The guides do their share of roasting too. Or get their toadys to do it for em. Amazing how many guys wanna pack water. But I want to hear at least one opinion from one guide about this. So far, nothing. I'm kinda wondering if maybe it's a silent way of condoning? That and most of these guys are all pals and don't want to badmouth their pal in print. This entire thing stinks. Chaddy boy actually feels that what he did was ok, simply because he is backed by rich guys. First he said they were rounding up cattle. Outside their fence? That's called rustlin'. It's also very expensive and not at all cost effective in easy country like that. Then he said he didn't know the pilot. When they hit him between the eyes with a photo of him and the pilot with a deer he changed that story. He said they weren't after pronghorn even tho multiple folks watched it. Be interesting to know how much was spent on attorneys and who paid em. This clown didn't do it. It all goes back to $. Most guys who hunt spend a lot of $ doing it. But most of us just hunt. We don't pay others to round up critters, do the hard work, and then just show up and pull the trigger. Most of us just hunt. Lark

• Like 2

There just isnt many outfitters on this site anymore. Also what good is it going to do for an outfitter to come on here and bash another outfitter?

How many threads have we seen with bad taxidermy? Were there any taxidermists on there bashing the bad one? No. I think its probably bad for their business so they just keep to themselves.

• Like 2