Sign in to follow this  
MATDADY

2016 JAVELINA

I have been very fortunate to find a hot spot the last few years that nobody hunts. I spotted 3 pigs around 8:15 and by 8:30 I was surrounded by almost 30. I was tagged out and back to the truck by 9:00. I would like to share my spot with a first time archery youngster to help him or her have success. This is an Archery only area, sorry no guns.

post-12283-0-88747800-1452554749_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I have been very fortunate to find a hot spot the last few years that nobody hunts. I spotted 3 pigs around 8:15 and by 8:30 I was surrounded by almost 30. I was tagged out and back to the truck by 9:00. I would like to share my spot with a first time archery youngster to help him or her have success. This is an Archery only area, sorry no guns.

Is this a draw area my daughter just got a bow for Christmas shooting 20 yards wants to shoot a pig really bad thanks JR

Congrats on the pig,great intentions...you share and that spot is a goner....just my experience..Nothing like seeing a kid get their first animal!

Good on you man. That will come back to you many times over. Congrats on the pig.

Nice pic! Congrats on taggin out!

I have a 13yr old son that loves archery and shoots awesome. He has not harvested with a bow yet. Is it a draw unit or is it over the counter. If it's a draw unit maybe I can put him in for it next year. Don't have to worry about anyone else knowing cause I don't hunt pigs anymore and him and I are the only ones who hunt together,but I do understand if you don't want to share information also cause I as well have honey holes for elk and deer that I am secretive about as well. Thanks

Congrats and nice offer! Be careful or you will lose the spot. I volunteered at the 20c jr camp for many years taking kids out to kill pigs in some of my good spots that were easy for kids to kill at. I always asked the parents to forget where we were hunting at as these herds we hunted were saved to take kids to only. I wouldn't even hunt them with my own tag. They all promised they wouldn't go back..lies lies lies..... Not only would they go back and hunt with their kids but they would be there with their buddies hunting. Now the 10-20 count herds I had are either gone or reduced down to 5 or so.... Now I just keep to myself and my family, it sucks but it is the way it is anymore...