Sign in to follow this  
MT. CAT

Second chance to pay tag fees for any one who applied online

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should hunters who applied ONLINE and got drawn for deer, sheep. javelina or buffalo get a second chance to resubmit money orders or cashiers checks if they sent in personal checks the first time ?

• Yes
    • No

It has come to my attention that G&F is giving hunters who drew tags a second chance to pay for there tags. All hunters who sent in personal checks are getting a letter and there original check back from G&F. The letter gives them one more week to resubmit the proper payment i.e cashier check, money order. What are you thoughts on this?

WIth the regular hunt? I mailed in a check and they cahsed it already.

A good friend of mine went in today to personally deliver his payment. The lady had a huge stack of checks on her desk and told him she was mailing all of them back and giving the hunters a second chance to pay with a money or or cashiers check. This applies to everyone who applied ONLINE.

Rules are rules--I know that they screwed up with the online draw--but they made it VERY clear about NO PERSONAL CHECKS in more than one correspondence. Maybe they will now let you send in an application a week after the deadline and it will be just fine.. Fair is fair!! I went down and got my cashiers checks and got them mailed off in plenty of time.

i wonder if some sonofabeast who sent in a personall check got my sheep tag?!?!? now that'll tick me off. Lark.

I went to a lot of trouble to get mine mailed. I got the letter on Friday, called and asked if there were any options and they said 'no'. Saturday morning, I went to the bank withdrew money, went to Safeway got a money order (49 cents compared to $7), went to the Post Office and mailed it so it would be there before the deadline. I even paid for the the postage to make sure it wouldnt be returned.

Now, I could have an extension? Man, rules are rules........if people cant read directions, do they need to be out there with a gun?

By the way .270, I got a sheep tag........you and anyone else is welcome to tag along.

It's a real crappy deal across the board. First they hire some fisher price outfit to run the online draw which results in a suspension 2 weeks into the process. Next they decide to not charge the credit cards used in the online application process and force the online applicants to pay by cashiers check or money order (yet paper applicants cna use personal check) and only give them 8 days to get the payment in. What about those individuals who are out of town on business or vacation for an extended period of time? I personally think its only fitting that they give the idiots who sent a personal check more time to get the appropriate payment type sent in. I mean after all isnt there a grace period for those who made mistakes on their paper applications (even though the instructions are pretty dang simple to follow) in which the G&F notifies them of the mistakes and gives them a chance to correct them? So again i personally think its fair.....

They made it very clear in the letter they mailed out to those that drew tags. In big capital letters it says: "NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED". To me if someone can't take the responsibility to follow simple directions then they most certainly don't deserve to recieve a greater responsibility of walking around with a loaded gun and shooting animals!!!

They made it very clear in the letter they mailed out to those that drew tags. In big capital letters it says: "NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED". To me if someone can't take the responsibility to follow simple directions then they most certainly don't deserve to recieve a greater responsibility of walking around with a loaded gun and shooting animals!!!

THen why give paper applicants a second chance cause they cant follow simple directions when it comes to filling out an application?

Weren't we given like two months to get out apps in? I think that is plenty of time to get an app filled out and get your money order taken care of. I guess we can't protest this in any way. I bet there could even be a lawsuit filed if somebody really wanted to push the issue. David

I guess I'm ok with them getting a second chance.... as long as they have to wear their "I'm STUPID" signs around their necks ALL week long!!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Not really..... they Blew it! Give the tag to the next guy and lets get this show on the road!!! They didn't give second chances to the people I know that made errors on applications.... <_<

I guess I'm ok with them getting a second chance.... as long as they have to wear their "I'm STUPID" signs around their necks ALL week long!!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Not really..... they Blew it! Give the tag to the next guy and lets get this show on the road!!! They didn't give second chances to the people I know that made errors on applications.... <_<

With that mentality, G&F blew it with the online draw, so lets give everyone who applied a tag....c'mon be a little bit realistic. G&F messed this one up and i personally think they should have to bend over backwards to accomodate the online applicants, stupid or not.

With that mentality, G&F blew it with the online draw, so lets give everyone who applied a tag....c'mon be a little bit realistic. G&F messed this one up and i personally think they should have to bend over backwards to accomodate the online applicants, stupid or not.

Sorry, Dad... I didn't mean to talk out of turn or try to be funny..... I know... "I'm stupid, too" Please don't beat me...... :rolleyes: :angry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think EVERYONE who cares enough about whether or not they got drawn for something made very sure that they Dotted the "i's" & crossed "t's".... and payed the right way. I personally think that my buddy who entered the wrong Lic. number on his wife's applications should get a second chance too, but that isn't gunna happen....no cryin' over spilled milk. Lets move on. And I think that we will all see, when the stats are out, that removing the internet draw was in ALL our best interest. Or atleast those who drew.... :rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol:

I don't feel that GF messed up

I think they saved the day by voiding the contract

They saw there were problems and put a stop to it in time to let everyone to get their paper apps in

Yes it hurt a lot of us to come up with the money but as I have said before " get rid of the on line Apps"

It was clear that people could not pay with personel checks so I think those tags should go to next in line

Did the payment by check only apply to those who did the online app? I can't find any statement regarding "NO PERSONAL CHECKS".

Here is the wording right off of the second page of the paper application:

Enclose check, cashier’s check, or money order payable

to the Arizona Game and Fish Department for

the total amount due, along with your application

and mail to:

Arizona Game and Fish Department

P.O. Box 52002

Phoenix, AZ 85072-2002

Here is the link:AZGFD Hunt Tag Permit Application

Regardless, if you don't follow instructions......you shouldn't get a second chance!