Sign in to follow this  
m77

What Would You Change???

If you had one thing you could change about hunting in Arizona, what would it be?

Example: Changing the commissioner position to one that the people of the state could vote for vs. being appointed by the govener.

A short explaination of why you would like to see your change would be nice.

I'd change it back to quality not quantity.

I'd change it back to quality not quantity.

I agree 100%.

Me too!!!!!

I second that one Desert Bull!!!

I'd like to see a department that listens to thier WM's. I'd like to see the department systematically shut down most of the deer units in the state for at least 2 years to let some of these herds start to bounce back for this mismanagement we've seen for the last 25 years. I'd like to see a department that cares more about manageing game instead of manageing hunters.

Donnie

Donnie, great points. I was going to start out by stating that I would like to see all hunting stopped during the rut. If someone kept shooting at your butt while you were trying to breed, the human population would also be on the decline. I thought that would just start another one of those "WE HUNTERS HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER" arguements and another post would be shut down by those who don't want change for the good of all hunters.

If my resources & family life allowed for it, I'd joing AZ4Life & change my zip code to somewhere much further north.

Since I'm committed to being here for a while, I'll add a fourth to the motion for managing for quality instead of quantity.

Donnie, great points. I was going to start out by stating that I would like to see all hunting stopped during the rut.

Even archery elk, antelope and deer?

Not bashing your comments, just curious.

Definately would like to see the management shift gears towards the quality and not quanity as all ready stated. I would also like to see the commision take more consideration in what the WM's have to say. None of this will happen with the current commissioners that are in place though.