Sign in to follow this  
ZBAR

Wac-em's

What's the official deal with these heads?

Ive heard since the company "changed hands" the quality dropped. Is this true? I've purchased the new ones & they don't seem as durable as they used to be but still seem formidable. Any actual experiences with the new ones on game?

I killed a buck this past year & had a pass thru, animal died within sight. Blade was a bit seraded & one had fallen out but that may have been because it wasn't screwed on tight enough.

I love these heads & don't want to believe what I'm hearing.

Just bought two packs last week... They seemed fine and shot great. I only saw one little defect on one of the chisel tips. Fixed it with a sharpening stone. For the money (four pack) I still think they are one of the best.

I've shot wacs before and still have some for back ups !! I now shoot the G5 strikers I really like these heads I killed a 90 inch coues this past September at 75 yards got good penetration and the buck dirty rolled never ran or got up!! I shoot them with the full metal jacket arrow 340s!!

The company was bought out. When this happened the new company went to another supplier for the metals used and when they did they are now not as strong and don't hold an edge like the should, tend to break easier and in general not ad high of quality as they used to be. We have been seeing most of our WAC em's customers start using the Shuttle T's due to them being a stronger more durable and quieter design and extremely accurate.

Thanks for the heads up - used wac'ems on a wisc whitey - complete pass thru - can't really tell if any damage to the broadhead, as its still buried in the tree it hit on the other side of deer .

• Like 1

Trphyhntr, I've shot these heads for the last 10 years. I've shot plenty of them in game, block fences, wood, etc, & I could usually file them a bit where needed & could re-use them no problem. Now if I hit something solid they're done for. Noticeable difference in durability.