Sign in to follow this  
Javelinasports

Unit 22 2016 First Javelina

My First Javelina- we were driving and glassing more driving and glassing all areas looked like they really good habitat, thinking if I was a pig I would like to live around here!

As we topped a hill my buddy says there is a deer, we looked it was 2 bucks and a doe at about 200 yards on the side of a hill close to a wash, one buck was real nice as I was staring at the deer I happened to look to the right and I said HEY there is a Javelina as we looked at them the Javelina was wondering what the deer were and was scared and wondering what they were doing and then the deer noticed the javelina and got scared and trotted away, funny to see that they were scaring each other!

We made a game plan and drove down to the bottom of the wash and began our hike, as we were getting closer my buddy was on top of the ridge and I was in the wash. I crept closer and closer as I got close to the area we glassed I put it in ninja mode. There was a little rise as peaked over I saw the piggies. I had an arrow knocked as I aimed and was ready to pull the release, the release did not work and instantly I looked over to the release and the arrow shot off..all I saw was pigs running and one running right towards me within 8 feet I was freaking out I thought it was guna attack me! It paused right by me and then took off so fast jumping and kicking oh and it had my arrow in the side of it. I called my buddy on the radio and said I shot a pig, he said you saw a pigI said no I shot one! The Javelina ended up going to its den and laid to rest and by the way it was shot right in the Heart!

I said a Prayer of thanks and then we took care of the pig and popped a cold one to celebrate!

Might not be the best story but it is mine,lol!

post-13466-0-98539500-1453399851_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Great story, certainly one to remember. Nothing like enjoying a cold one after a successful hunt, congrats!

That's awesome. Love the story! My favorite part is "Might not be the best story but it is mine,lol!" Perfect, and congrats!

What makes it the best story is that it IS, in fact, your story! Congrats! I'll take luck over skill any day. I harvested my biggest buck because luck and not skill. Congrats!!

• Like 1

Congrats way to get it done, and with a great story! Javelina with a bow is

one of my favorite hunts every year!!