phillyphan

Online Draw Issue

Guys, Just wanted to give you all a heads up. I was filling the online app for tags the other day and after entering payment information and hitting submit I would get an error on the website and I would have to start all over. This happened several times when filling out tags for my son and wife before the payment information was accepted. I looked last night at my credit card charges and had about 7 charges from game and fish. It looks like each time I was getting those errors the charges were actually going through, but I had no way of knowing that at the time since the dumb website said it errored during my submission. Now I have to go down to Game and Fish and get $249 refunded back to me.

It seems like the Internet browser may make a difference?... What were you using? Firefox, Internet Explorer, google chrome, etc.

• Like 1

Based on my spring draw issues, I would keep applying until you get a confirmation number. It could result in a lot of money but then you at least know they can give you a tag.

What happened for me in the spring draw was I had my app fee taken from my bank so I thought I was in the draw. Because it didn't give me a confirmation number they couldn't verify what I applied for and thus couldn't give me a tag.

I have 10 confirmation numbers right now. Printed all the emails out so I can show Game And Fish how many different times I was charged for the same tags.

The same thing happened to me for the spring draw. I had 5 charges on 1 card & 4 on another.

after several phone calls & several weeks I finally got reimbursed from fish & game for the

charges. I don't know why they have so many issues with there website & draw. I put in for

hunts online in other states & never have had an issue.

I would STRONGLY suggest not applying online anymore and do paper applications. Your scenario is EXACTLY what happened to me for the Spring draw and my applications were never accepted although G&F debited my account numerous times. I went as far as talking to Jim Paxson with G&F and nothing was ever done besides issuing my money back . The online draw has turned into a joke and I definitely wouldn't risk not being draw again because AZGFD cant figure it out

• Like 1

So is there a way to find out if your on-line app was actually accepted? Also, most banks will see the multiple card hits and know something went wrong, at least mine has...

Not unless you call G&F. I talked to Kathy several times regarding the situation and she was able to see that my account was debited but the applications weren't accepted.

All the charges went through on my credit card. I've had good success online the previous 2 years, so I didn't really see a problem doing it that way again.

I had the same thing happen buying my license. I had to call them and have one of the 2 licenses they sold me canceled. I was warned it may take up to a month to get my money back, still waiting on that :)

almost put in for 10 a couple of days ago...WHEW! dodged that bullet.online worked ok

I had similar issues I guess. For the spring draw I drew a javi tag, but my boy didn't. But then there were leftovers for the hunts I put him in for. I went back and did not have a bank charge, or confirmation email for my sons app, so I figured I just screwed it up somehow, or didn't actually put his app in. I applied for leftover tags, and then received a tag for my son... Which I incorrectly assumed was a leftover tag, but it wasn't. So he got a free tag I guess.

Then a couple days later I get my leftover app back saying we were rejected because there were no tags left. Which I doubted since there were listed 458 leftover archery tags for the unit I put in for. So I called and spoke to a woman that confirmed there were none left for that unit. When I mentioned the 458 number she said that there never were that many tags left for that unit. I had printed out the leftover list, showing 458 tags available, which really confused the gal. I told her I am looking at it right in front of me, but she still argued. Not only that, but after we were rejected, they still had over 60 left for that unit. Which was confirmed when a friend went into their office and bought one even after that. Crazy, it seems to me the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is up to.

It also depends who you talk to. A friend tried to buy a tag in Phx office, but was told they were all gone. Next day goes into flag office and buys one.

The departments reputation is sure suffering through all this confusion, and no one is happy about it. I'm afraid if these problems happen with elk or sheep or buffalo, they will have a lawsuit on their hands.

Hope they figure it out soon. Paper app for me this year.

Just called G&F this morning. After waiting about 15 minutes, some lady sounding like the crypt keeper got on the line. I could barely understand anything she was saying because she couldn't talk very well. Sounded like she was sick, that's professional. Took my information. Couldn't tell me if I was entered into any of the draws, couldn't tell me when I would be refunded my money, couldn't tell me anything.

• Like 1