Analogkid1014

Brown trout

itt arguing about trout. might as well be talking about barbies

Ha ha!!!

Guys if i had the choice tomorrow i would trade any 105 to 110 buck with a rifle for a 25 inch type brown from a creek in az tomorrow. There isnt a 110 buck walking that could rattle my nerves like a 25 inch type brown from a creek. I like fishing that much, and a giant trout from az is much much much harder to find than any 110 buck. There's so many 110 bucks in this state it's not even funny, but there's so so few really big trout. 25 inch trout are about as rare as a 130 buck in my mind.

I live in the White Mountains. I grew up catching trout. I've caught a bunch of big trout. Caught some good ones out of Sunrise this past year. However, I can't hardly stand to go trout fishing anymore. I'd rather catch a 2lb crappie than a 20+" trout, but that's just me. I've been trying to to catch a 3lb+ crappie most of my life and can't get it done. That's what gets my motor running. Its just interesting (sometimes funny) to see everyone's views and opinions on different things and what they are passionate about.

Brian

really, fish san carlos much? i feel like ive caught dozens of 3lbers. i only weighed one on an electric berkley scale 3.14oz.

Becker I have lots of respect for your talents on coues no doubt and I believe we share the same intensity of passion for the little grey fellas, but when it comes to habitat for a coues to live in and how many units we have to hunt them in I respectfully disagree it's the same as fish in streams in az. With millions and millions of acres for the coues and just a few streams for the fish to live in the comparison is far fetched. Not shooting small coues deer has very little affect in my opinion than keeping trout from just a handful of streams. The fish are boxed into one place, water,and the the bucks have millions of options to hide and live. I'm not trying to say anyone who keeps a trout is horrible but just asking some to reconsider the ramifications of keeping said fish. Fish has super limited habitat and the coues has unlimited habitat. I could care less how many small coues get shot for that very reason, because just a canyon away there's probably a 110 buck but it doesn't work that way in reverse for the trout from a stream. I don't lake fish hardly at all and think the comparison you made would be better applied to trout from a lake. Becker congrats again on that pig of a buck you killed with a bow recently. What a specimen indeed.

I Haven't killed a coues with a bow????

I agree on the stream aspects. Although I bet if you took an electroshock back pack in to your streams you fish you'd be pretty dang surprised at what fish are actually there.

itt arguing about trout. might as well be talking about barbies

Ha ha!!!

Guys if i had the choice tomorrow i would trade any 105 to 110 buck with a rifle for a 25 inch type brown from a creek in az tomorrow. There isnt a 110 buck walking that could rattle my nerves like a 25 inch type brown from a creek. I like fishing that much, and a giant trout from az is much much much harder to find than any 110 buck. There's so many 110 bucks in this state it's not even funny, but there's so so few really big trout. 25 inch trout are about as rare as a 130 buck in my mind.
I live in the White Mountains. I grew up catching trout. I've caught a bunch of big trout. Caught some good ones out of Sunrise this past year. However, I can't hardly stand to go trout fishing anymore. I'd rather catch a 2lb crappie than a 20+" trout, but that's just me. I've been trying to to catch a 3lb+ crappie most of my life and can't get it done. That's what gets my motor running. Its just interesting (sometimes funny) to see everyone's views and opinions on different things and what they are passionate about.

Brian

really, fish san carlos much? i feel like ive caught dozens of 3lbers. i only weighed one on an electric berkley scale 3.14oz.

I fished it more than probably anyone on this site. Breaks my heart with the fish kill off. I constantly came across people on the lake that say they have crappie that weigh over three pounds till you break out the scale. I can't remember a single one that made it over 2.5. I have family that have caught 3 total. Until the scale goes on them I take their word with a grain of salt.

Brian

• Like 2

Cole wrestled a 145 pound fish last weekend, several of them as a matter of fact......lots of them out there!!!!

In the late 70's we used to spend every evening(summer) on that back cove of Big Lake, you had to walk down the old track bed to get there. We would drag woolly worms on top as the sun was going down.

What a rush it was to see those browns surface to hit the woolly worm.........lots of great fishing stories from those days....

This is now a big crappie thread

I've fished San Carlos quite a bit with my dad. Maybe 75-80 -90 days total over 26 years or so.

2hhdt1t.jpg

was second biggest of the day. I'd be surprised if it wasn't 3 1/4

Edit: sorry about gay photo editing on that.

• Like 1

This is now a big crappie thread

I've fished San Carlos quite a bit with my dad. Maybe 75-80 -90 days total over 26 years or so.

2hhdt1t.jpg

was second biggest of the day. I'd be surprised if it wasn't 3 1/4

Edit: sorry about gay photo editing on that.

Dink!!!!! :)

• Like 1

Wish I wouldn't have lost that sweet yellow jackets hat.

I have a ton of crappie pics. I just have to find them.

This isn't over....

I'd post em up but I'm out checking cages.

You guys are bringing tears to my eyes :( Such a shame what San Carlos has become , I know we hauled out a handful crappie, right at or just over 3 lbs, over all the years and thousands of fish boated in that lake... Such a shame, the glory of what once was San Carlos Lake ( Now more of a pond in comparison) is kept in good memories.

Sorry OP and others for the derailment of the thread away from Brown Trout. Back to it fellas. Anyone got any pics of the those big browns being caught?

Brian

Stand man is waiting for them to stock that new trout. It's called a Goulds trout. Should be easy for Him to catch....LOL..............BOB!

Sorry OP and others for the derailment of the thread away from Brown Trout. Back to it fellas. Anyone got any pics of the those big browns being caught?

Brian

Don't be sorry this thread needed saving, Becker actually said he was looking forward to eating trout.

Brian

Don't be sorry this thread needed saving, Becker actually said he was looking forward to eating trout.

Haha. What the heck...one thing about San Carlos you never knew what you would catch. Caught a 40lb flathead on 4lb line and a 1/16 oz crappie jig. Caught a framing hammer, no joke...swear I have a pic of it some where. Also caught a giant turtle. Thing had to be 2ft across, and man was he pisses off.

Brian

• Like 1