Sign in to follow this  
JakeL

Recommend a Concealed Carry Class

There are many good reasons to have an AZ CCW. These include simplifying firearms purchases and being able to carry in a bar/restaurant that serves alcohol if you are not drinking. The reciprocity with other states is valuable as well.

I didn't take a formal CCW class as my Hunters Education served instead. However, I did take a basic one on one pistol training program that focused on fundamentals. I can read the AZ Statutes myself. A formal course is a good investment, but not necessary.

Hunters Ed or Military discharge papers is proof of training if you don't want to take the class.

I did not know this. I got mine in 97 or aomething like that or whenever they started but got pulled over few times for minor traffic stuff and got sick of coppers drawing down on me and ordering me out of car and such so decided no more permit! Now i guess everybody has cooled off a bit. :] i have been wanting to get permit again so nice ro know no multi day class like i did in past and my dd-214 is good to go

If you are looking for a more private class on the westside check with Bob Buffa, mygunpro.Com he is very knowledgeable and puts on 2 person classes in your home. My wife and her friend went through his class and it was much better than the group class I took.

It isn't cheap but it is good and more private.

I worked with Bob for years many moons ago, and he works at the north phx sportsman's Warehouse so many of you have probably met him already.

Harley