Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Another Flaw

So what you're saying is kids can be put in for hunts and build points under 10 but not just points? Or is it only in the year they are 9 and about to turn 10?

No I think they have to be 10 by the time the hunt is to apply to start building points.

• Like 1

You have to be turning 10 by the hunt date. I was able to put my grand daughter in for elk hunts after her birthday but it blocked her putting in for antelope. She turns 10 next October.

• Like 1

Correct. Only in the year they turn 10. My son turned 10 last June, so I could put him in for hunts but couldn't just buy a bonus point. Was able to buy bonus points this cycle since he's already 10.

Actually It is in the regs and in Bold under Buying Bonus point section .... The only way for a 9 year old who is turning 10 by the hunt date to get a bonus point is through an unsuccessful draw.

To apply for a bonus point only, the

individual must be 10 years old by the

deadline date as specified in the hunt permit-

tag application schedule on

page 7.

• Like 1

Actually It is in the regs and in Bold under Buying Bonus point section .... The only way for a 9 year old who is turning 10 by the hunt date to get a bonus point is through an unsuccessful draw.

To apply for a bonus point only, the

individual must be 10 years old by the

deadline date as specified in the hunt permit-

tag application schedule on

page 7.

Ok, great. The rule still doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

I'm not sure this makes sense but say the application date for a hunt is March 1st and the hunt is Oct. 1st.

If the child turns 10 before March 1 you can buy point only.

If the child is 9 at the application deadline, March 1st but will be 10 before the hunt, Oct. 1 they can apply for the hunt but not just the point. If they are unsuccessful drawing then they have the point.

If the child is 9 at the application deadline, March 1, but won't be 10 by the hunt deadline, Oct. 1, then they can't put in for the hunt or point.

That is the way I see it, but I have been wrong before.

• Like 1

My sons birthday is March 6th.

4 years ago when he was 9 I put him in for the draws as he would be 10 at the time of the hunt.

He didn't draw a tag but did get a bonus point.

• Like 1

I'm not sure this makes sense but say the application date for a hunt is March 1st and the hunt is Oct. 1st.

If the child turns 10 before March 1 you can buy point only.

If the child is 9 at the application deadline, March 1st but will be 10 before the hunt, Oct. 1 they can apply for the hunt but not just the point. If they are unsuccessful drawing then they have the point.

If the child is 9 at the application deadline, March 1, but won't be 10 by the hunt deadline, Oct. 1, then they can't put in for the hunt or point.

That is the way I see it, but I have been wrong before.

Correct!

Because too many people took advantage of the system for too long and put their kids in from birth.

Actually, back when it was paper only, I tried to do the same thing as the original poster when my daughter was 9, and she was rejected, since her 10th birthday was not until after the deadline day. If I would have put her in for actual hunts, she would have been in the draw, since all the hunts started AFTER her 10th birthday.

The other problem is the paper application boxes are too small to write in. I mean really game and fish, you had to make the boxes that small

The other problem is the paper application boxes are too small to write in. I mean really game and fish, you had to make the boxes that small

Now THAT is funny!!! :lol: :lol: