Sign in to follow this  
cbarber13

Archery kill or maybe poach?

As I was out checking camera's I came across the skinned hide of a coues. Not the whole hide but probably close to half. It was laying right on a two track rd. A hundred or so yards down the road was another much smaller piece. Now the fur was still intact and it was hard but still bendable. The archery season ended almost 6 weeks ago.I didn't take any pictures. Do you think this could be from a archery hunter, or should I report it

Look suspicious, I would report it

Sounds like someone shoot one during archery or riffle, caped it out and skinned it and discharged the rest, hide and skin will take alone time to decompose , coyotes probably drugged it around. My thought, see alot of remains up here in the sticks.

Better let the pros at the azgfd handle this one.

• Like 1

The carcass of my buck I shot in Mexico in January was completely gone in two days. We watched the coyotes devour everything including the spine from the next ridge over I can't imagine that a dead buck here could make it that long without the coyotes finding it. That's what they do. I would think something fishy was going on.

I killed a buck in January also. I checked the carcass 8 days later about a 1/3 of the spine and some scattered fur was all I could find.

Out hiking last weekend I found a few marker ribbons. I followed them for a while because they were going in the direction I was going any way. They ended at a rear leg of a mule deer buck. From the knee down still had fur that looked near perfect. There was also a wad of hide Fairly stiff. It all looked old but as if no scavenger had found it.

I'd guess its from a kill during season. The weather when it was skinned can have a lot to do with how long it lasts. Sometimes predators just don't find things. It also might have a lotta scent on it that they don't like. Found a dead bobcat a couple years ago that was basically a mummy. Nothing had touched it in an area with plenty of scavengers. Just because you find a hide doesn't mean poacher. I'd think a poacher would do a better job of hiding things too. Lark

Guest 300ultramag.

Maybe chupacabra. If ur gonna post a poaching thread bring the heat! We're all for a good witch hunt but we got nothing. No pics gps coords no bag of corn no license plate number etc. give up the goat!!!

• Like 1

OK let's be honest here. What in the world do you think AZGFD is gonna do when they get there? "Hey check out this 2 month old piece of deer hide I found in the woods in a unit that had a hunt no more than 6 weeks ago, go catch them!" Don't waste their time. Use some common sense in regards to what you report.

• Like 2

OK let's be honest here. What in the world do you think AZGFD is gonna do when they get there? "Hey check out this 2 month old piece of deer hide I found in the woods in a unit that had a hunt no more than 6 weeks ago, go catch them!" Don't waste their time. Use some common sense in regards to what you report.

Might be part of a serial poacher! 🤔

Edge!!!!! That's funny

I can't believe that still photo is 50 years old.