shortpants

Digital camera's???

I'm trying to find a digital camera with a lightning fast shutter speed for my wife. She has one now but every time she tries to capture a kodak moment of our little girl by the time it takes the picture she's a week older already.

Anybody have some input on a fast digital?

I'd like to hear your thoughts gr8fuldoug.

thanks, Jason

I would certainly call Doug at Cameraland. He sold me an olympus last year. It has a Children at plan mode. I use it for birds in flight. Here are some of those pictures.

post-88-1186304638.jpgpost-88-1186304852_thumb.jpgpost-88-1186304755_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to find a digital camera with a lightning fast shutter speed for my wife. She has one now but every time she tries to capture a kodak moment of our little girl by the time it takes the picture she's a week older already.

Anybody have some input on a fast digital?

I'd like to hear your thoughts gr8fuldoug.

thanks, Jason

Jason,

What is the make and model of the camera your wife has now??

The Sony P-41 digital has lighning fast shutter speed. You can get them on ebay for around $140.00 Most of my homebrew digital trailcam setups use a sony p-41, and for that reason.

Here is a pic to prove my point..

bat.jpg

Is that a bat?

Tony, she has a Kodak Easy Share that's at least 3 maybe 4 years old. It's got 3.1 mp. The model # is DX6340.

How compact is the P-41? She also wants the smallest one possible because she carries it everywhere she goes.

Hey shortpants if you are looking at getting a compact camera look at the Cannon PowerShot Elphs. I just got one off ebay 4mp, they have a lot higher mp if you want, for a very reasonable price. I'm also impresed with the shutter speed to. I realy like it.

Is that a bat?

Tony, she has a Kodak Easy Share that's at least 3 maybe 4 years old. It's got 3.1 mp. The model # is DX6340.

Hmmm. That camera has shutter speeds up to 1/2200 of a sec. That's about fast enough to stop a bullet in flight. :blink:

You didn't mention what the problem is, i.e. if the photos are blurry, or...? But if that is the case, perhaps the setting being used is the real culprit? For action, you need to use something like the Sport setting, and in low light, the flash as to also be activated to stop the action. If you use the camera all automatic without selecting a specific shooting mode, it will tend to average the film and shutter speed and aperture. For the best reults for stop-action, shooting at the highest film ISO, such as 400, in SHUTTER-PRIORITY is the way to go.

If you look at the bird photos above, you'll see they are also blurred because of too slow a shutter speed or possible camera movement. -TONY

Jason,

I got to thinking a bit, which is always dangerous. :rolleyes:

Are you perhaps talking about the lag time between tripping the shutter to the actual image capture? If so, that has nothing to do with the shutter speed per se but the actual speed of the processor, including the auto-focus mechanism. -TONY

Jason,

I got to thinking a bit, which is always dangerous. :rolleyes:

Are you perhaps talking about the lag time between tripping the shutter to the actual image capture? If so, that has nothing to do with the shutter speed per se but the actual speed of the processor, including the auto-focus mechanism. -TONY

I was thinking the same thing. do you hold the triger down half way to prepair for the shot?

The p-41 is small and compact imo. We've used one for our child pics for years. It also takes decent video.

The p-41 is small and compact imo. We've used one for our child pics for years. It also takes decent video.

And the fastest shutter speed it offers is 1/1000 sec. -- even slower than what Jason has now. ;) -TONY