Couzer

Nevada proposing to ban Trail Cameras

So I saw this post on Facebook, not trying to take credit on finding it but it brings up a very touchy subject.

Nevada is proposing a ban on all trail cameras for small and big game hunting during the seasons of Aug 1st to Dec 1st public and private land. Also making it illegal year round to have a trail camera within 200 feet of a watering source, water hole, spring and etc.

Would this be good or bad for AZ?

I do run a few cameras and enjoy getting results on what is in the area. But what happened to the good old days when cameras did not exist?

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/category/hunting/

• Like 1

They are already talking about banning more stuff here including cameras. That's what govt and elitist snobs do best. Sit around and think of ways to impose their views on everyone.

• Like 6

I think it would be better for the working man who can't afford to purchase, fuel and time to run them. Unlike the big time guides do.

• Like 1

I think that if they did ban them, and everyone did follow suit, that the guides would still continue to be successful. I think a good guide already knows the animal behavior and where to find them. But if they did ban them not everyone would follow suit unfortunately.

• Like 2

I would not mind it one bit for public land ... but use on private land IMO should not be restricted

I would agree with that.
  • Like 1

I totally agree you should be able to use them on private land. Do you agree with public land needs to have something in place to manage all the new technology going on??? Cell phone cams, drone cams, etc???? I don't believe in having big brother telling us what we can and can not do but You think there comes a point were cameras should be limited?

I have been to tanks where I have seen up to 8 cameras on it. Must be a good spot, but tons of cameras!

Won't bother me one bit. I don't use my cameras for hunting, I use them for wildlife viewing. If they try to make it on private land as well it will not stand up. Telling me what I can and can't do on my land is unenforceable.

• Like 1

Won't bother me one bit. I don't use my cameras for hunting, I use them for wildlife viewing. If they try to make it on private land as well it will not stand up. Telling me what I can and can't do on my land is unenforceable.

Also illegal for wildlife viewing as well

I think that if they did ban them, and everyone did follow suit, that the guides would still continue to be successful. I think a good guide already knows the animal behavior and where to find them. But if they did ban them not everyone would follow suit unfortunately.

Not on the Strip. Imagine no trail cameras on water. Those guides up there would be lost and have success rates below 1% if not for trail cameras. Deer would be killed, but the true monsters would live another year.

Now the rest of the state....not sure how guides would fare. But as far as the Strip goes, trail cameras are like crack cocaine up there.

• Like 1

Not on the Strip. Imagine no trail cameras on water. Those guides up there would be lost and have success rates below 1% if not for trail cameras. Deer would be killed, but the true monsters would live another year.

Now the rest of the state....not sure how guides would fare. But as far as the Strip goes, trail cameras are like crack cocaine up there.

That was my point about the guides. They have a camera on every water source in the strip.

I would be in favor of banning ATV/UTV, high magnification scopes and binocs, cell phones, radios, compound bows, mechanical broadheads, alcohol on national forest lands and hunting within 400 yards of a water hole.

• Like 4