Couzer

Nevada proposing to ban Trail Cameras

Does a animal detect a camera at water, bait, salt, a saddle? Tips the scale in the scouting devices favor.

They banned flying, it is a tool. You have to make regulations ,part of humans always wanting more.

We have little influence on how many tags are issued. More technology, better hunters,more predators. It will come to a halt someday. Why not scale back and help preserve what we have?

I would give up my 15s that I have had since 99 if it meant having great opportunity for my kids.

Good point! Less tags with price of increase per tag is something AZGF does have control over!

I run a lot of cameras and would be fine if they banned them during the season and on maintained water sources. Too many people checking cameras on tanks during archery elk season, pushing elk/deer out of their travel patterns and screwing up other hunter's opportunities.

• Like 3

Who appointed this blue ribbon panel? How about posting an agenda or is a secret. I don't use all that tweet tweet stuff. A HA I just found out that this steale guy is a guide not a real hunter. Do you smell a bias here? Once again follow the money.

Well how bout Rangefinders , Variable power scopes , high power bino s and spotting scopes, bows shooting over 300fps ? Instead of hunters sticking together defending each other and their lawful techniques most nit pic and just because you dont like it no one else can do it

• Like 4

reading this is telling me a little more about stolen cams and the people that are behind SOME of the thievery.

don't like cams in the woods... just take em, that'll show em.

gonna remember when something comes up that isn't the way I like to do things and be sure NOT to support.

this crap is as bad as politics... so polarized. We need to be more unified.

when guns trailcams are outlawed only outlaws will run trailcams.

James

• Like 5

reading this is telling me a little more about stolen cams and the people that are behind SOME of the thievery.

gonna remember when something comes up that isn't the way I like to do things and be sure NOT to support.

James

Pretty dumb comment here ... Assuming just because some do not like trail cams and would not care if they were banned are thieves is ignorant. Fact is that a good % of trail cam users break many laws in the process of using and placing them. No matter how dumb or mundane a law is they are there to try and maintain and protect federal and state lands that everyone is entitled to enjoy. I personally hate going into areas I shared with my grandfather and dad 20 - 30 years ago where you would see nature untouched and game all around to find a dozen plus cams bolted into trees and quad tracks way off any road or trail ... That being said ... I disagree with people who do take cams, while at the same time not being empathetic to the guy leaving them out in the first place who lost it. If very one could do what they wanted with no rules or laws , we would have no big game to hunt and out public lands and forests would be 100 x's worse than they are. I can see it from outside my box and it is why I do not care either way... maybe you should step outside your own box and try to see why some may not agree with YOU !

Never stole a camera, but need to leave the trash out of our forest. Do what you want on your own land.

Lots of place for camera and baits in TEXAS.

James

Pretty dumb comment here ... Assuming just because some do not like trail cams and would not care if they were banned are thieves is ignorant. Fact is that a good % of trail cam users break many laws in the process of using and placing them. No matter how dumb or mundane a law is they are there to try and maintain and protect federal and state lands that everyone is entitled to enjoy. I personally hate going into areas I shared with my grandfather and dad 20 - 30 years ago where you would see nature untouched and game all around to find a dozen plus cams bolted into trees and quad tracks way off any road or trail ... That being said ... I disagree with people who do take cams, while at the same time not being empathetic to the guy leaving them out in the first place who lost it. If very one could do what they wanted with no rules or laws , we would have no big game to hunt and out public lands and forests would be 100 x's worse than they are. I can see it from outside my box and it is why I do not care either way... maybe you should step outside your own box and try to see why some may not agree with YOU !
I said SOME... and I grantee it is some that feel strongly against cams with holier than thou attitudes that are stealing the cams.. if you think not you are naive. I don't own a quad nor do I litter, in fact I pick up other people's trash up often. I don't destroy trees putting my cams out. I also rarely put on water and never put them if there is another there.

James

• Like 2

Does a animal detect a camera at water, bait, salt, a saddle? Tips the scale in the scouting devices favor.

They banned flying, it is a tool. You have to make regulations ,part of humans always wanting more.

We have little influence on how many tags are issued. More technology, better hunters,more predators. It will come to a halt someday. Why not scale back and help preserve what we have?

I would give up my 15s that I have had since 99 if it meant having great opportunity for my kids.

I would rather buy kids a set of 15's and not give up mine . There is plenty of opportunity. Check the thread about fall hunt recommendations and tell us there are not enough tags being issued because some cameras hang on trees. If you cannot get a deer tag every year you aren't trying.

• Like 3

James

I said SOME... and I grantee it is some that feel strongly against cams with holier than thou attitudes that are stealing the cams.. if you think not you are naive. I don't own a quad nor do I litter, in fact I pick up other people's trash up often. I don't destroy trees putting my cams out. I also rarely put on water and never put them if there is another there.

James

Look at your context .... You did not say that some of those that disagree. You implied those who disagree are responsible for SOME of the cams stolen ... In your context, I can argue and find it difficult for many to disagree, that SOME and Possibly a bigger QTY of the SOME stolen cams are taken by the very cam users who do not care about any of laws and go about driving quads off roads and trails and chopping up trees to place them. Like I said, I do not care either way, but just as you feel you have the right to place personal property on public land, many Hunters also feel they should be able to Hunt the land without seeing cams hanging all over the unit or having their hunt disrupted by guys blabbing their jaws while making a racket to go check their cams during active Hunts .

many Hunters also feel they should be able to Hunt the land without seeing cams hanging all over the unit or having their hunt disrupted by guys blabbing their jaws while making a racket to go check their cams during active Hunts .

So what are we going to do with all the hunters who have the second hunt and are out scouting during, and disrupting the hunters who have the first hunt? Not running cams but driving all over the roads, walking to glass in the woods, hitting all the water spots, talking and loud in the woods.

You pointed it out correctly, there are too many laws to enforce now, and the outlaws will ignore the new laws and only those that follow the rules will suffer. Sounds kind of like the fight against those wanting to ban guns.

users who do not care about any of laws and go about driving quads off roads and trails and chopping up trees to place them.