Couzer

Nevada proposing to ban Trail Cameras

We already have plenty of laws....... If someone is "damaging" trees, then turn him in. I totally get it's a little bit much to see tons of cams on a water source, but to just want it outlawed all together because you don't like it is pretty sad. I guess I would support some rules to prevent cameras being outright banned, like no cams during the heaviest traffic times of the season or at water holes, but even that seems really cheesy. I think it comes down to people not using cameras, not liking cameras so everyone else should not be allowed to use cameras. Pretty sad IMO

The comment about the poor guy can't afford it, so no one should be allowed to do it is definitely Bernie Sanders Approved, gimme a break...!! The vast majority of cams are being hung by the regular joe that dreams about the outdoors and big game just a bit more than the average joe. "Trail Camming" is a whole different hobby to some extent. I've enjoyed thousands of hours in the outdoors with friends and family, lots of trips with the pooches since I hung my first camera in 2005. I would be heart broken if cameras were outlawed and not to mention, countless hours of hiking to remote spots helps keep me under 200lbs! Some people eat, sleep and breathe hunting, if that has to be explained, then you wouldn't understand. Why punish a guy who wants to spend his hard earned money and time doing something that he loves that at the end of the day has zero effect on you.

• Like 9

Maintaining numerous cameras is great exercise for this geezer.........and the reward is the surprise pictures I get to enjoy when I download after a retrieval.

• Like 5

Why punish a guy who wants to spend his hard earned money and time doing something that he loves that at the end of the day has zero effect on you.

because jealousy

• Like 1

We already have plenty of laws....... If someone is "damaging" trees, then turn him in. I totally get it's a little bit much to see tons of cams on a water source, but to just want it outlawed all together because you don't like it is pretty sad. I guess I would support some rules to prevent cameras being outright banned, like no cams during the heaviest traffic times of the season or at water holes, but even that seems really cheesy. I think it comes down to people not using cameras, not liking cameras so everyone else should not be allowed to use cameras. Pretty sad IMO

The comment about the poor guy can't afford it, so no one should be allowed to do it is definitely Bernie Sanders Approved, gimme a break...!! The vast majority of cams are being hung by the regular joe that dreams about the outdoors and big game just a bit more than the average joe. "Trail Camming" is a whole different hobby to some extent. I've enjoyed thousands of hours in the outdoors with friends and family, lots of trips with the pooches since I hung my first camera in 2005. I would be heart broken if cameras were outlawed and not to mention, countless hours of hiking to remote spots helps keep me under 200lbs! Some people eat, sleep and breathe hunting, if that has to be explained, then you wouldn't understand. Why punish a guy who wants to spend his hard earned money and time doing something that he loves that at the end of the day has zero effect on you.

Well said gotcoues. While i don't agree with damaging nature or 20 cams on a maintained tank, it seems like most people that are strongly against trail cameras are because they lack the dedication/time/funds to run them. I too have been running cameras for i think 12 years now and if anyone thinks it is an unfair advantage, they need to try it for themselves and see what it is. In my hunting party, i can think of maybe 3 bucks we have killed that we had on camera. It is more of a hobby than anything for the overhwhelming majority of people that use them. People need to smart and respectful when using them and the majority of them probably are but like many things, the 1% are going to ruin it for the 99%
  • Like 2

Yup GG I agree and am like you.....only killed one buck in about 15 years of trail camera use that I have on camera......and none of the bulls that have been my primary target!

My family has enjoyed setting up cameras........even my wife got into it grabbing the computer to view pictures after a trip retrieving cards. Love being out there and just one more reason to get out there........lots of things going on out there that hurt my feelings way more than trail cams do....and fortunately they don't make laws according to my feelings........

• Like 4

I like running cams as much as I like act silly hunting. Every time I go check them it's like Christmas, and checking them several times a year means Christmas comes once a month when I check them. However we do harvest many animals on the cams but that has to do with hunting ability. The cams just let us know where to hunt.

I like running cams as much as I like act silly hunting. Every time I go check them it's like Christmas, and checking them several times a year means Christmas comes once a month when I check them. However we do harvest many animals on the cams but that has to do with hunting ability. The cams just let us know where to hunt.

One of our biggest frustrations is not being good enough to find those buggers that we have on cam when we have a tag in our hand.........they let us know they are there and then trick us........pretty fun if you ask me, no harm no foul they beat us and I still got to go hunting!!!! Well, trying to hunt!!!

I was watching bass fishing on the outdoor channel early this morning (couldnt sleep) and there were quite a few ads for all the new fish finding electronics. The imagery was amazing and it showed you where the fish were at that exact moment. So that got me thinking... how is that ok, and yet having a camera on a tree that shows you a picture of a deer that came by days or weeks ago is not?

• Like 3

Does a animal detect a camera at water, bait, salt, a saddle? Tips the scale in the scouting devices favor.

They banned flying, it is a tool. You have to make regulations ,part of humans always wanting more.

We have little influence on how many tags are issued. More technology, better hunters,more predators. It will come to a halt someday. Why not scale back and help preserve what we have?

I would give up my 15s that I have had since 99 if it meant having great opportunity for my kids.

I would rather buy kids a set of 15's and not give up mine . There is plenty of opportunity. Check the thread about fall hunt recommendations and tell us there are not enough tags being issued because some cameras hang on trees. If you cannot get a deer tag every year you aren't trying.

Huh?

What does banning cameras have to do with not getting a deer tag every year?

I take coues32s comment more about wanting to conserve game by having less technology such as cams and 15's. I believe he means the opportunity to harvest a deer is more important than the opportunity to draw a Tag and with so many tags being issued, cameras, 15s, 1000 yard rifles, coyotes, now wolves, social media and the need to kill big stuff to prove yourself to the world, our kids future opportunities to harvest deer are going down. Of course the game and fish will keep selling tags giving you the "opportunity" to get a tag but the tag don't mean much if the "oportunity" to harvest isn't there.

I am not for banning cams or giving up my 15s and I like my deer tag every year as much as the next guy. But what coues32 is talking about makes sense to me and I take it as we all need a higher awareness that we each have a responsibility to do our part to make sure opportunity remains for our kids kids just like we have had.

• Like 1

Addiction to Video games and cell phones do more to prevent kids from getting a deer than my trail cams do.

The reason there might be less deer in the woods/deserts today has ZERO to do with cameras.

• Like 2

Addiction to Video games and cell phones do more to prevent kids from getting a deer than my trail cams do.

The reason there might be less deer in the woods/deserts today has ZERO to do with cameras.

This is such a BS comment ... If trail cams did not help improve the odds of harvesting Quality Big game they would not be being used by 80 % of the guys using them .... What coues32 was stating is ... Greater # of tags than 20 years ago , + new Technology (like Game cams though not the only thing of course) makes for a greater # of big game taken ... I agree the seeing nature via a web cam is cool and I appreciate the pictures as much as any other person ... But to imply that they have ZERO impact on harvest odds especially when it comes to trophy game, you may as well try selling us on you all spending the money and time to catch pictures of Yeti, Big Foot or the Chupacabra .