Sign in to follow this  
Swivelhead

The Portal

Didn't draw a darn thing so tonight, AZG&F gets both barrels. lol

What do you all think about AZG&F withholding available draw results from bonafide applicants who choose not to have an account with AZG&F? Why are the bureaucrats, holed up in their compound out on Carefree highway, bent on coercing us to submit to their wishes? The coercion is subtle but unmistakable, what are they after?

• Like 1

I would be happy if they actually get this draw correct and not screw it up like they did with Javelina and Turkey.

• Like 1

What do you all think about AZG&F withholding available draw results from bonafide applicants who choose not to have an account with AZG&F? Why are the bureaucrats, holed up in their compound out on Carefree highway, bent on coercing us to submit to their wishes? The coercion is subtle but unmistakable, what are they after?

You're joking, right? :wacko: Do you know what coercion means? :lol: :lol:

Umm.... Incenting folks to sign-up for the portal and/ or driving traffic to the portal. Yes, but coercing anyone? Too funny... ;) I frankly don't see anything wrong with it, nor do I care. WAY more important things for me to wonder about or speculate over.....

I used to wait until close to what ever the published date for 'draw results being mailed' before I could see the results online. Now if I choose to willingly (without anyone strong-arming me or coercing me...), I can sign-up and end the speculation and guessing in my brain a little earlier. If I didn't like the idea of the portal, I would simply not sign-up and wait until the published date. Simple, IMO...

S.

:)

• Like 3

Umm.... Incenting folks to sign-up for the portal and/ or driving traffic to the portal. Yes, but coercing anyone? Too funny... ;) I frankly don't see anything wrong with it, nor do I care. WAY more important things for me to wonder about or speculate over.....

I used to wait until close to what ever the published date for 'draw results being mailed' before I could see the results online. Now if I choose to willingly (without anyone strong-arming me or coercing me...), I can sign-up and end the speculation and guessing in my brain a little earlier. If I didn't like the idea of the portal, I would simply not sign-up and wait until the published date. Simple, IMO...

S.

I guess I did go "black helicopters" with my OP. Still wonder why they are pushing the portal so hard. They could have put results out on all 3 venues (phone, web, portal) and avoided any speculation as to their motives.

S.

Way more important things to worry about, but yet you waste our time with your silly BS again...

• Like 2

S.

I guess I did go "black helicopters" with my OP. Still wonder why they are pushing the portal so hard. They could have put results out on all 3 venues (phone, web, portal) and avoided any speculation as to their motives.

I was at a G&F meeting a couple of years ago where I first heard about the portal idea. They were seeking comment on this and other ideas. If I remember correctly, they were looking at a way to get more active engagement from sportsmen in the state. Another way to try to drive interactions & traffic to the internet vs. phone/mail. I don't really recall much else about the meeting regarding motivation for them building/pushing the portal (meeting was a LONG time ago... ;) ).

S.

most whom first heard of the portal were not against the interaction but then the proposal involved $$$ so if you paid you got an advantage

that didn't go well will the majority of hunters ]

but I guess you can still join $$$ and get a better habi map interaction thru the portal - who's to say what else in involved in their future plans of $$$

I heard today you can call for the results and online figured to start at 8 am

Stanley & elkaholic, I too attended the meeting at dept headquarters a few years back. For whatever reason the dept. really wants this Portal to fly.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the department moves the draw reports to the portal and makes you pay for those reports, now that would suck.

that's 3 emails this week pushing the get your results now - just apply for portal account!

too funny they are emailing my portal email address