Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Desert Archers (3D)

Anyone here head out to the Desert Archers 3D shoots out at TMP range? I've never done 3D before and would like to start heading out to kill some time in the off season. Are these all competitive shoots or for fun? Any info is appreciated...

Youll love it, I always have a good time when I go to the 3d range. Lots of good people there too.

• Like 1

Usually 2-3 courses, 15 targets/Rd. They are a kick in the butt, my kids love shooting the different animals. They have giant mosquitos, dinosaurs, deer, bears, turkeys, coyotes, etc....you can grab a score card and you and your buddies can talk smack to each other. We usually have a small .10 wager per target with carry overs if there are ties for the same target.

I haven't seen it at TMP, but try a smoker round if you get a chance. You buy in for 10 targets and you get 1 arrow to see how you fare. The targets are strategically placed with metal surrounding the bullseye, about the size of a tin can in diameter opening. You hit the target you advance, you hit the metal.....you're arrow gets smoked and you're done.

• Like 1

Agreed Desert Archers puts on some good shoots. Its a great way to shoot your bow year round..most shoots are for fun but they do have a series where you can compete against others.

• Like 1

Very cool, Thanks for the info everyone! Gonna plan to make the shoot in May.

3-D shoots are awesome! Great off-season practice!

Desert Bowhunters

&

Full Draw Bowhunter

Put together most of them in my neck of the woods. I suggest going on corner archery's website and look at their event schedule. It will list almost everything going on in the state.

Most shoots are Fun... BTW

• Like 1

I used to attend the shoots regularly, but have not in the last few years.

It's a great club with nice people. Their "big" shoot is every March in Texas Canyon as part of the Triple Crown (might be called something else now). They were doing a team shoot in December @ TMP, but usually every shoot at TMP is a fun shoot.

It's worth it to become a member (shoots are like $10 after your annual dues) and to buy the Pima County Annual Range pass if you want to start going.

Outside of being a lot of fun, it's a great way to judge yardage and learn about shot placement on animals at varying slopes/quartering angles. Bring more arrows then you think you will need if it is your first time, and don't get too upset if you miss and have to beat the brush to find your arrow, if it survived.

Here is their website: http://www.desertarchers.com/

• Like 2