Allforelk

Get to hunt Unit 8 this year

I unfortunately dI'd not draw again this year but received some great news on my way down the hill. Pops and decided to go check out a portion of unit 8 today that neither of us was familiar with and my buddy called to let me know he drew Unit 8 rifle bull. It is his first elk tag and in a unit I love dearly. Can't wait to be there for everything involved. I'm almost as excited as when I draw my own tag.

• Like 2

Love that unit also. One yr ill get drawn and hopefuly smoke a nice one. Good luck to your buddy!

Thank you. He drew a Coues tag in 24b a couple years ago and I scouted some really nice bucks up for him. I couldn't be there for the hunt and he wasn't able to seal the deal. This could be his first big game animal. I am going to work this Unit so hard for him I might be risking divorce.

• Like 1

I didn't draw either but my cousin drew early archery so we will be chasing bulls in September.

I have spent a lot of time in this unit & can't wait to get in there again.

unit 8 is awesome. welcome to the fourm

Thanks for the welcome. My first ever post was announcing my plan for today in yesterday's "Cyber Scouting" thread. I though I did something wrong when I logged back in and saw the message telling me I didn't have permission to view. Too dang funny.

My father, his neighbor, my cousins husband and I drew late rifle bull tags for unit 8 this year. Hands down my favorite unit to hunt elk in. My family has harvested lots of elk on the late hunt. Best of luck to you. Time to fill the freezer.

• Like 1

Pulled into JD dang yesterday to check the lake level and watch the osprey on lunch break. Saw some kids fishing and watched this kid pull this beast out.post-14463-0-20115000-1461184668_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Update: My buddy has since told me that he wants a meat hunt this year for his first elk hunt. He said he wouldn't pass up one of the big boys if he had the chance, but killing a big bull wasn't a priority. I almost feel bad for the psychological warfare I will be perpetrating over the coming months...

Yes it is. I told the kids the same info and split. Not sure what happened. They were trying power bait when I pointed out the GIANT sign that says "artificial lures and flies only".

My father, his neighbor, my cousins husband and I drew late rifle bull tags for unit 8 this year. Hands down my favorite unit to hunt elk in. My family has harvested lots of elk on the late hunt. Best of luck to you. Time to fill the freezer.

Same here. Unit 8 has everything from aspen to sage. I grew up camping in the NF all over the NE part and had a lot of "firts" in those hills.

My favorite elk unit. I have a early archery bull tag in there this year!

I would love to hear how it plays out.