Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

WY - Whose in?

Can someone tell me how to purchase a preference point? I didn't do this when I put in and now it won't give me the option. I assume there is a period when the draw is going on that you can't do anything. I was told by the game and fish I have until The end of August to buy it.

Thanks for any help.

They will open it up to buy them online on July 1st.

Man, its been a few years but it seems there are a lot less leftover tags!!

For sure. We drew buck antelope tags and were planning on picking up some leftover doe tags in one of the adjacent units. Both units had tons of leftovers last year and none this year!

We did the 2 different units for buck and doe a couple years ago never got to hunt doe unit because had trouble killing or bucks until last day, yes there are tons of goats to shoot at but after first day you may be taking 500 to 1000yrd shoots in the wind fun but not always easy, my suggestion only is to get your doe tags in your buck unit or take allitle more time to get a better buck, especially if you have to apply for trespass tags, just my experience and opinion, to everyone who got drawn have fun and good luck, mornings can be freezing and hot afternoons, wide open plains

Do Wy pronghorn taste the same as AZ's and NM's do? Just curious

My buck from WY U64 a few year ago was excellent. My AZ and UT antelope were good. One from Valentine TX and another from U52 NM were not very good to the taste buds.

Man, its been a few years but it seems there are a lot less leftover tags!!

For sure. We drew buck antelope tags and were planning on picking up some leftover doe tags in one of the adjacent units. Both units had tons of leftovers last year and none this year!

someone had a theory on another forum that I feel makes sense, this may be butchered... since the deadline was pushed back to may 31, by then most people already heard about their other draw results and say they didn't draw anything they'd want to put in for shoe-in hunt where you could easily draw and high success, therefore, wyoming antelope. I did the same lol didn't draw my NM tag and had a week of vaca to kill so decided to go with an antelope hunt.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that's why WY moved it back. It's a great backup plan. I just wish ID did their draw before WY.