Sign in to follow this  
TwoOneEight Photography

Had to rescue some Trail Cams from Wildfire

Well I hiked through Smoke and Wildfire to try and rescue my Trail Cams. Approaching my USA Trail Cam Recruit I had to use my Garmin GPS to pin point it due to the dramatic change to the landscape I was expecting to see a melted or stolen Camera. After locating it I was so pumped it was still there locked and ready for me so I packed it up, moving on to find my 2nd Camera (Wildgame) Approaching my Wildgame Camera I had jumped a Cow Elk that apparently was milking a new born Elk As I sneak away trying to not scare the lil guy, I jump a Pronehorn laying under my Camera ! As I get closer I noticed my camera was safe from flames Feeling so lucky and grateful I pack up my camera and high tailed out of the Wildfire !

Here's some Timelapse footage of some small fires spreading and a Video of some Elk

Watch in HD

• Like 1

Very cool but I thought no feed and trail cams only at hunt time 3 days before and after, anyway pretty cool

• Like 1

Very cool but I thought no feed and trail only at hunt time 3 days before and after, anyway pretty cool

Actually i found a natural area where these Elk gather, im not hunting Elk this year. Thank you

Glad you got your cameras out, I knew you had them in that general area I'm about 6 miles south or so.

• Like 1

My ? Was I didn't think you were allowed to keep camera's out all year long any more

• Like 1

My ? Was I didn't think you were allowed to keep camera's out all year long any more

I haven't heard that yet but maybe I'm out of the loop ? Let me know or pm me info you got

I haven't heard that yet but maybe I'm out of the loop ? Let me know or pm me info you got

Is this true?

• Like 1

72 hrs before and after hunt or its abandon, liter, my understanding, but I don't care to each his own, and I'm probably wrong like usual. Still great footage, always wanted to no what the middle of a fire looked like. Straight8 would no better.

72 hrs before and after hunt or its abandon, liter, my understanding, but I don't care to each his own, and I'm probably wrong like usual. Still great footage, always wanted to no what the middle of a fire looked like. Straight8 would no better.

Do you have a source for thos information? I would love to know for sure one way or the other. I have seen trail cams up already this year, or still up from last year. Someone is going to have some funny photos on two cameras I found in 7W if they are still functioning.... :)

• Like 3

Nice, no hard info just what we were told about camp sites, blonds and tree stands and camera's after 72hrs are considered abandon. Yes I see them every where also.

• Like 1

there are no rules in place about when you can and cannot run trail cameras. nothing has changed. technically anything left in the woods is considered abandoned after X amount of time. that is the risk with running trail cameras, nobody can really enforce anything if they are stolen because technically they can be considered abandoned property

• Like 2

there are no rules in place about when you can and cannot run trail cameras. nothing has changed. technically anything left in the woods is considered abandoned after X amount of time. that is the risk with running trail cameras, nobody can really enforce anything if they are stolen because technically they can be considered abandoned property

Exactly. And by X amount of time, you mean as soon as it's left it's considered abandoned and ripe for the taking. Hide them well, secure them well, and you're good.

• Like 2