Snapshot

Bad day with a .500 S&W

https://youtu.be/mbNazjkt-uE

What is actually happening in this shooting video, anyway? Well this shooter is firing the big bore .500 Smith and Wesson Magnum that makes the .44 Magnum look like a cap gun. His ammunition was hard recoiling 700 grain Underwood Ammunition that speeds along at 1200 feat per second. What happens next in this video shared by YouTuber Dan is downright scary.

When this shooter fires off one round, the recoil pushes back hard into the shooter’s hand. He inadvertently pulls the trigger a second time and the big revolver twists out of his grasp and the muzzle is pointed at his head.

How close was this guy to catching a big .500 Smith and Wesson Magnum bullet to the head? Watch this video and witness this almost fatal mistake in action.

I agree with diablo .... watched many times and only seeing a single discharge. I think it was a Hot load and weak grip. I Have seen a couple double bump videos and you can see both of the discharges.

I only see one myself. That second quick tap I believe is the muzzle hitting his ear protection, Too bad the video ended before counting all his rounds. That would have been the confirmation.

700 grains? Sure. Probably more like a 900 Nitro Express shot out of Kim jong-un's personal missle silo.

• Like 1

So are they shooting into the only tree left standing on that side of the logging road or are they shooting to the top of the hill? I only saw one shot as well.

I think they were trying to blow that tree in half with those 700 grain Elephant loads.

Ive got two.. You can see the "smoke" discharge from the muzzle at the very top of the screen on the second shot. It happens very fast...

Went back and watched and this time read the comments ... It was indeed a hot load and not a double tap .. The guy fired 3 shots and Dan ( I assume the gun owner and camera man) commented after freeing the frozen cylinder that 2 unfired rounds remained along with 3 fired accounting for the 5 rounds it held .. No Double Tap

• Like 1

Buddy of mine has one of these .50s. I put a couple rounds through it, could feel it in the wrist soon later. Can only imagine carrying one in Grizzly or Cape Buffalo country .